Husqvarna 592xp Mega Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcat22lr

just some guy that burns wood
Reaction score
Just received my new 592xp!
Matt Schmitt a member here got one out to me lickity split! Thanks again!
This is more saw than I ever planned on owning but my interest in milling made me want a bigger saw. I love my Jonsered 2260 and really don't want to burn it out trying to push its limits milling, I am so excited to get this thing gassed up.
Heading out camping in the morning won't be able run it for a while but look forward to putting it through some paces milling and blocking some firewood and posting some pics and my thoughts on it.
Hope everyone has a good week!

So, what do you think now ? Is it a good saw ?
its badass. Its been living in my Granberg mill with a 28 inch bar. So far Ive milled a bunch of bone dry dead ash and some Make. No hiccups. I have 32 inch bar for it also but Haven't needed it yet. Used it to fell some populars for a few tanks before hand. No problems with the auto tune yet. Love it. Ill post some pics up later.

Had mine 6 months it’s a fine saw , no issues very smooth good power .
Smooth and powerful. Yep Ive ran a 660 a few times, definitely an equal. I was also looking a new 661's also, but got an opportunity for a 592 from a member here first.

I ordered a 592XP with a 32" ToughLite bar and chain for $1300 on sale from Bailey’s, I thought it was a good price.

The 592xp seems to be a wonderful saw based on all the owner videos, comparisons and dyno numbers. Impressively powerful for the size and seems to have a good margin on the MS661. Husky did a great job with it.

I have the first generation 562XP, ported by Tree Monkey and I like it so I figured I’ll like the bigger brother of it too and I’m sure I’ll get it ported too. I know a guy who’s been working on saws for decades in the U.P. that ports saws for $200.

I have the first generation 562XP, ported by Tree Monkey and I like it so I figured I’ll like the bigger brother of it too and I’m sure I’ll get it ported too. I know a guy who’s been working on saws for decades in the U.P. that ports saws for $200.
Who woukd that be? Former Yooper myself and never heard of a local guy porting saws.

His name is Roger Losiniecki and he’s in Kingsford MI. I have his contact info if someone’s interested in a port for a reasonable price.

I own a 592 as well, it's a 2022 model and it's got some serious rip! Here's a few things: the muffler is already an empty can with no baffles so aside from enlarging the opening there's not much to do there.. porting: the saw has built in limitations where that goes and doesn't make the serious power gains that are to be had from other older models of saw, you can get right at 9.5-10hp with port work but the saw is already cranking out like 8.5-8.7 stock as per dyno testing.. now, for milling: the inboard clutch on the 592 isn't the greatest because of heat around the bottom end of the engine.. so for milling purposes a ported 395 is still a better option because of massive bar oil flow and being overbuilt to survive a jungle environment, plus they do typically crank out better numbers HP-TQ wise with good portwork simply because of the base port design of the engine.. 12hp is totally attainable and parts are far cheaper and readily available.. also, they have an outboard clutch which is one less heat source to soak the engine after minutes long cuts from milling.. but for which saw I'd rather buck/fell with or carry? Give me the 592. But if you're doing primarily milling? Ported 395 Everytime.
just my 2 cents

Thanks for that information but I’ll use the saw for felling and bucking only, I guess I’ll use it for awhile and see how it performs before I decide if I’ll get it ported or not. I do like the 562 I had done but there’s so much compression that even with the decompression button pressed in it’s a real bugger to pull over but a few short pulls and it comes to life every time.

Back