Husqvarna 592XP: Real world feedback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has been nothing but a lemon so far it's having major issues with the autotune especially after it warms up. Ran good but a bit rich the first two days then has been nothing but trouble ever since it runs so rich it bugs out and dies after a tank or two and even struggles on the first tank of the day some times. I use it to fall and process wood part time as a second job so when it started acting up was after my free return time limit for pro saws. Had two trips to the dealer so far and it's going for it's third trip here soon. First new saw I ever bought and it's an absolute lemon my 40 year old pioneer works better then this brand new husqvarna. But to be fair when it does run good it's an absolute beast but this one is a lemon unfortunately. I'll update as things progress encase others are having similar issues of running rich.
I’m having the same issues with mine. Dealer hooks it up to the computer and resets it and it runs fine for a few days then starts to run rich again. No power at all. Just took it back for the fourth time today. Really maddening.

Been having problems with the boot cracking in cold weather. Husky just came out with a new boot. Hopefully it works. saw cannot be ran when it is colder than 10 degrees f. Also, having an issue with the recoil breaking in the cold. It needs to be built much stronger. Other than that when the saw runs it is a beast. Best saw I've ever ran.

Been having problems with the boot cracking in cold weather. Husky just came out with a new boot. Hopefully it works. saw cannot be ran when it is colder than 10 degrees f. Also, having an issue with the recoil breaking in the cold. It needs to be built much stronger. Other than that when the saw runs it is a beast. Best saw I've ever ran.
I’m having the same issues with mine. Dealer hooks it up to the computer and resets it and it runs fine for a few days then starts to run rich again. No power at all. Just took it back for the fourth time today. Really maddening.
I’m in Australia cutting Ironbark for firewood. Our Ironbark is hard wood and can be dirty too. Got my 592XP about 9months ago. So far, I’m not overly impressed. I’m on the 3rd muffler. 1st one the centre mount completely fell out before even 10 tanks. 2nd developed cracks in welds around the mounting holes. Outside spikes have broken twice. The top cover has inadequate clearance and has hammered the cooling fins. Now it seems to be not running right. Temps have been around 32degress (90F). In the time I’ve had it, on top of purchase price it’s cost at least 3k in downtime. Another guy I cut with got one at the same time, found out he’s having similar issues with top cover

Mine has been nothing but a lemon so far it's having major issues with the autotune especially after it warms up. Ran good but a bit rich the first two days then has been nothing but trouble ever since it runs so rich it bugs out and dies after a tank or two and even struggles on the first tank of the day some times. I use it to fall and process wood part time as a second job so when it started acting up was after my free return time limit for pro saws. Had two trips to the dealer so far and it's going for it's third trip here soon. First new saw I ever bought and it's an absolute lemon my 40 year old pioneer works better then this brand new husqvarna. But to be fair when it does run good it's an absolute beast but this one is a lemon unfortunately. I'll update as things progress encase others are having similar issues of running rich.
Mine is doing the same thing. Once its hot after cutting for a while...it runs really rich off idle. Sometimes when its idling if I grab throttle it will stumble and stall. I'm really annoyed. Its been to dealer twice. First was a firmware update which made no difference. Second trip they plugged it in and said nothing wrong with it. It runs good when its cold but after it warms up it gets really rich.

Mine is doing the same thing. Once its hot after cutting for a while...it runs really rich off idle. Sometimes when its idling if I grab throttle it will stumble and stall. I'm really annoyed. Its been to dealer twice. First was a firmware update which made no difference. Second trip they plugged it in and said nothing wrong with it. It runs good when its cold but after it warms up it gets really rich.
As I mentioned earlier, I’ve been back to the dealer a few times. They try saying it’s from vibrations. After a software upgrade it wouldn’t even start. A two hour round trip back and arguing that the software hadn’t been installed, they finally re-ran the update and it started fine. They told me to run a 9 tooth rim sprocket. I’ve found the last couple months, every chain is losing teeth, a couple chains have lost up to 12 teeth off a 68DL TCT. I’ve gone back to a 7, the chain was way to fast. The reason for the TCT, Australian Ironbark is one of the hardest timber you’ll come across.
For a new saw, supposedly field tested during development, it’s a massive disappointment.

Does anyone have any updates on the 592?
I’ve had a 592Xp for around 12months. In my opinion they’re a good saw but not without problems. The problems I’ve had I’ve mentioned previously on this thread. They are:
- muffler has failed twice.
- there is insufficient clearance between the top cover and cylinder head. It’s hammered the cooling fins.
- outside felling dog has broken twice and I believe the dogs are too short
Recently I’ve read comments about the saw starting to run rich after a few tanks and I have noticed that after several tanks this is happening.
I would like to see Husqvarna being a bit more proactive and open with after sales service and addressing the problems. That’s my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back