Husqvarna 592xp vs 395xp timed cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how they work, but I don't want to work like they do lol.
Wanna buy a 242xp :p, I've kept it around because it's a great runner, but I won't take it on most jobs, the 550mk1's or the 261 gets that place. They are way more efficient.

So they suck fuel like it's noones business, and vibrate the heck out of ya ;).
The 395 does burn its share of fuel, but if it’s vibrating something is wrong. It’s a very smooth saw. Especially compared to a 261 at half the displacement.

The 395 does burn its share of fuel, but if it’s vibrating something is wrong. It’s a very smooth saw. Especially compared to a 261 at half the displacement.
Most 20lb saws are "smoother" 😆.
I'm sure compared to a 592, it's a vibration machine(although I've never personally ran one, but I've ran a 661 and they are way smoother and have a side tensioner), just like all the other 2 series saws, and I can make a chain cut smoothly.

Most 20lb saws are "smoother" 😆.
I'm sure compared to a 592, it's a vibration machine(although I've never personally ran one, but I've ran a 661 and they are way smoother and have a side tensioner), just like all the other 2 series saws, and I can make a chain cut smoothly.
Maybe so. I’ve no experience with a 592. I’m sure they handle amazingly. But I’m not willing to pay a ton for saw I can’t work on. I can keep my saws running on my own. That’s the only reason I like the older saws… I understand them. I’m not interested in dealers and saw shops. My day job deals enough with software, firmware, updates, and… people.

Maybe so. I’ve no experience with a 592. I’m sure they handle amazingly. But I’m not willing to pay a ton for saw I can’t work on. I can keep my saws running on my own. That’s the only reason I like the older saws… I understand them. I’m not interested in dealers and saw shops. My day job deals enough with software, firmware, updates, and… people.
I hear that. I have saws that I use for firewood, and saws I use on jobs. The old school standard carb saws are for firewood, and when I want maximum efficiency I use the newer stuff. If I have a problem with an mtronic/ AutoTune saw I can't fix on my own, I'd sell it on here with full disclosure as there are plenty of guys who have the ability to work with them, like you do at work(and I probably wouldn't loose any money as I typically buy for a good price used and then make money withvthem on jobs) I just don’t deal with many trees that are real big(not many over 30"), and I don't mill, so the ported 7900 does just fine for my big saw with a 36". I've had a good number of 660, 661, and a couple 395s, they just don't get used enough to keep them around for a 36". If I needed a bigger saw I'd probably go with the 661 or 592, if I wanted to mill I'd probably get a mildly ported or modded 660 for the simplicity, durability, and the side tensioner :).

I hear that. I have saws that I use for firewood, and saws I use on jobs. The old school standard carb saws are for firewood, and when I want maximum efficiency I use the newer stuff. If I have a problem with an mtronic/ AutoTune saw I can't fix on my own, I'd sell it on here with full disclosure as there are plenty of guys who have the ability to work with them, like you do at work(and I probably wouldn't loose any money as I typically buy for a good price used and then make money withvthem on jobs) I just don’t deal with many trees that are real big(not many over 30"), and I don't mill, so the ported 7900 does just fine for my big saw with a 36". I've had a good number of 660, 661, and a couple 395s, they just don't get used enough to keep them around for a 36". If I needed a bigger saw I'd probably go with the 661 or 592, if I wanted to mill I'd probably get a mildly ported or modded 660 for the simplicity, durability, and the side tensioner :).
The only experience I have with autotune are 2 older (2013/14) 550xp’s that ran great but in a commercial setting so I got my moneys worth out of them in a few years. Great saws. Then there was a 576 that I had issues with the auto tune and it never acted right.

I’ve no doubt that all the new saws are a pleasure to run.

Latest posts

Back