• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 61/268 Top

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firefighter938

firefighter938

ArboristSite Member
I have a Husqvarna 61 with a 268 Top I bought from here last year. It has a 20" Oregon Pro Lite Bar. I have only ran a couple of tanks of gas through it. It has a problem with the chain brake rubbing the clutch. I bought a new aftermarket clutch cover/ brake but the brake flag did not leave enough clearance between the handle to fit your hand. I tried to adjust it and broke a small black spring on the aftermarket clutch cover. I also have some other spare parts the original seller sent with the saw.

In total there are:
Husq 61/268 top
Oregon 20" Bar
3 chains
2 tank handles
two complete clutch covers and one clutch cover without the flag.

Asking $275.00 plus shipping

Pictures coming soon.

Also willing to trade

CascadeHusky

CascadeHusky

ArboristSite Operative
Bump

I found and another clutch side cover so there are 4 total.

Saw runs fine except when a bar/chain are on it. I think it may need a new rim sprocket.

Open to trades or offers

Yikes. That makes getting a fair price tough..."saw runs fine except when fully assembled. But it's likely a $7 part..."

You might seriously want to consider buying said sprocket so you can delete those last lines in good faith.

firefighter938

firefighter938

ArboristSite Member
I think they are $20. Not trying to hide anything. The rim sprocket rubs the clutch cover and it gets so hot you can't touch it. I would like to get this thing running right, but I'm no mechanic and done throwing parts at it when I don't really know what the problem is.

I didn't do the top end change. I bought it this way because I wanted a saw I could run a bigger bar on when I get into some bigger trees. It wasn't right when I got it, and instead of asking the seller to make it right I tried to fix it my self. Big mistake because I have no idea what I'm doing.