husqvarna 61 top covers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I recently purchased a husky 61 project saw minus its top cover, its a 1998 model and hoped an expert would be able to infor me which colour top cover it should have by the serial number, I did buy a brand new old stock grey top which fits like a glove, but someone thought it should have an orange top? thanks in advance CDhusqvarna 61 project pull cord etc 037.JPG

Here's the Late 1997 IPL that applies to your saw. And (even though it's b&w) you can see that it already has an orange cylinder cover.
thanks for that its a help. but at the same time a bit of an oxymoron as the image at the top of page appears to show ab orange top judging by the shading being the same as the rest of the saw? yet the image in the actual pdf is a grey top, as it has a notch out for the carb boot, my saw has the grey top carb boot fitted and an orange flag , I suppose its possible to have had the clutch cover replaced but I doubt the carb boot would have been changed given the amount of dirt and period of time the saw has spent un-used abused ? could it be a transition saw re-badged as a 1998 ? if they did such a thing ? I do have an orange top coming just in case ? CD

My about 1982 Husqvarna 61 that I bought brandnew came with a white top cover that still looks great, only wish the rest of the saw looked that good but it is still respectable for such an old saw that has cut a lot of wood.

C8ABCA63-0363-4CE3-9918-5BA3E6316089.jpeg The 61 was my first saw I ever had and I was stupid and sold it. I finally got me another one that is in good shape, so I was wanting to try and keep it all factory looking. I really like the grey top look also.
I also have an OEM 272 cylinder and piston I might put on it. The cylinder that is on it now has some scoring.

Latest posts

Back