Husqvarna chain...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi gents.
I picked up a brand new 2014 build Husky 3120 yesterday and it came with Husqvarna branded chain which isn't unusual. What I did notice was that it was not rebranded Oregon chain so I'm assuming that Husky's own chain has now hit the market? This gear looks really good.
What are you guys seeing in the US? Has Husky's own chain hit the shelves yet?
Ta :)

Interesting, the last 2 new ones i bought were Oregon and i reckon it was Oregon manufactured to Husqvarnas tight budget because (to me) it wasn't of super high quality.

Maybe now that they are producing their own chain it will be of a fairly high standard so as to grab a bigger piece of that markets pie because i personally never purchased Husky branded Oregon chains for any of mine other than the ones they came with from new...

Still working off a haul of old stock orgun and carlton/semi, so haven't been watching.
Have a look thru couple or 3 shops this week.

Any pics of cutters or drivers available to post MCW ?
Is the crome as good as old carlton semi ?

I know that Husqvarna are in the process of producing their own chain as it's been/being field tested but I just didn't think they were there yet.

Maybe now that they are producing their own chain it will be of a fairly high standard so as to grab a bigger piece of that markets pie . . .

Maybe . . . Husqvarna group sells some really good saws and some made-to-market-at-a-price-point saws. Maybe they just want to save money on the OEM chains that go out with their saws, by cutting out the middle guy, and figure that many consumers will assume that they need to buy genuine Husqvarna replacement chains? Maybe they will even manufacture their chains in some weird, obscure, exclusive size, like 0.058 gauge?

Philbert

Pics or it does not exist.
(side-by side with old version of Husqvoregon chain would be helpful in examining this unicorn).

Philbert

Unfortunately the only full chisel genuine Oregon chain I have here is nearly worn out. This looks nothing like the last lot of LGX I had. Different Chrome finish plus an exaggerated angle on the rear of the cutter. Also has fully ground out gullets unlike LGX. Other option is that Oregon have recently changed the design of their chain? Tiestraps look like Oregon but that's about it (to me anyway?). This is 3/8" .063".

Just because you are on the other side of the planet does not mean that you have to post the photos backwards! Maybe this is special chain for dyslexic cutters?

Here are some stock, Oregon photos of LGX for comparison:
Screen shot 2014-10-18 at 8.14.29 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-10-18 at 8.15.10 PM.png

Certainly appears to be from the same pedigree/DNA. The bead-blast finish does look funny. Oregon only chrome plates the cutting portion of the teeth, and it is a smooth finish (as is STIHL's). Your photo appears to show the entire cutter plated - maybe with something other than chrome?

(Maybe the 'Matte' finish is in your honor?)

Does the packaging reveal where it is made?

Thanks.

Philbert

Chrome looks a lot different to the Oregon chain I've seen in the past. Nearly looks bead blasted and has a matte finish.
Blasted crossed my mind as well.
Least there are no big gullet bumps left over from factory grind. Real sore point, that for a time in lgx stuff.
Be interesting to hear how it holds up in the cut. Thx for the pics.

It didn't come boxed Philbert. I ordered the 3120 with 3/8" which Husqvarna said is very unusual. They are normally shipped out with .404". It came fitted to the bar which was fitted to the saw.
This chain is certainly Oregon-esque but just different enough to make me think it's not Oregon.

It didn't come boxed Philbert. I ordered the 3120 with 3/8" which Husqvarna said is very unusual. They are normally shipped out with .404". It came fitted to the bar which was fitted to the saw.
This chain is certainly Oregon-esque but just different enough to make me think it's not Oregon.
Sorry I can"t help as our 3 recently acquired replacement 3120"s came as power heads only, as we run 3/8th chain, so don"t have to purchase bars/chains in a size we don"t use I have left myself a "post it" to remember to quiz the Husky rep the next time he calls.

Unfortunately the only full chisel genuine Oregon chain I have here is nearly worn out. This looks nothing like the last lot of LGX I had. Different Chrome finish plus an exaggerated angle on the rear of the cutter. Also has fully ground out gullets unlike LGX. Other option is that Oregon have recently changed the design of their chain? Tiestraps look like Oregon but that's about it (to me anyway?). This is 3/8" .063".

Oregon chain being labelled H50 when rebranded as Husky chain should be 75LGX....

I still have the husky chain that came with my 576 from like 2 months ago .. i have since bought a few oregons and might be interested to compare

Latest posts

Back