Husqvarna Cordless?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Bosch also has or had a 40V cordless chainsaw saw.

Philbert
Mmmm true, but IMHO that's more a home owners saw. One battery included and a charge time of one and a half hour can't give you a continuous days work.
To me that was one of the first criteria that a pro saw should meet. A faster charge than run empty time is the only way you could work for a full day.

How many refills does the bar oil tank get in that 35 minutes of run time?

How many refills does the bar oil tank get in that 35 minutes of run time?

I can't answer with the husky, but with my oregon battery saw (for comparison purposes in this thread) I get close to four (larger extended range) batteries per tank of bar oil.

I can't answer with the husky, but with my oregon battery saw (for comparison purposes in this thread) I get close to four (larger extended range) batteries per tank of bar oil.

So 1 hour 20 minutes on a tank of oil?! What's the tank capacity?!

So 1 hour 20 minutes on a tank of oil?! What's the tank capacity?!

I don't know! It's not much, the oiler is good quality and oils just enough, and because it is electric, no oiling when not cutting***. I will look it up now... got it 5.9 ounces

***real cheap plug in electrics are gravity fed though, so you have to dump out the tank when done cutting or..bad news wherever the saw gets stored...don't ask me how I know this...

The oregon gets maybe 2-3 small drips when shutoff and stored, that's it. It's a decent saw and this husky looks real good, too. I am digging more competition in the battery saw market! I think they are great for some jobs!

It runs for 35 minutes full trottlle on the Energy Safe mode, and takes 20 minutes to fully charge.
So you charge one battery and empty the other one, a whole day of usage is garanteed.

But on the other hand if you use it without the energy saver and, full chainspeed it lasts for about 1 cedar tree and some testing on the ground. After that tree there was still 1/4 battery charge left and I did some debranching from the ground on the 3 trees needed to cut down.
After this job I went to repollard 4 giant Lime trees (do that every 2 years) and one battery was enough for the whole job !

The saws main use is pruning, felling small trees is nice with it but cutting trough bigger wood you better get the MS200 T or better the T540 XP on hands to do the job.
The cedar removal in the movie was easy speaking about debranching, but when I got to the bigger wood you can hear it's getting tough. This is probably the max for this pruning saw.

Like I told in the vid, it's a test to see what it can do, and now I know it's great for professional pruning !

It runs for 35 minutes full trottlle on the Energy Safe mode, and takes 20 minutes to fully charge.
So you charge one battery and empty the other one, a whole day of usage is garanteed.

But on the other hand if you use it without the energy saver and, full chainspeed it lasts for about 1 cedar tree and some testing on the ground. After that tree there was still 1/4 battery charge left and I did some debranching from the ground on the 3 trees needed to cut down.
After this job I went to repollard 4 giant Lime trees (do that every 2 years) and one battery was enough for the whole job !

The saws main use is pruning, felling small trees is nice with it but cutting trough bigger wood you better get the MS200 T or better the T540 XP on hands to do the job.
The cedar removal in the movie was easy speaking about debranching, but when I got to the bigger wood you can hear it's getting tough. This is probably the max for this pruning saw.

Like I told in the vid, it's a test to see what it can do, and now I know it's great for professional pruning !

Those were nice vids and a good real world test and review. Looks to be a really good saw! I don't have a vid, but here is my long term test and review of the oregon saw. You can get a good idea how much real world work you can get done with one.

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/179262.htm

That is a seriously nice review Zogger,

It's a world apart the battery powered saws and seems like all the different brands will go in this direction. So I expect we get to have more of these reviews and vids comming up.

Too bad the oregon hasn't been available as a tophandle saw.

Cheers.

That is a seriously nice review Zogger,

It's a world apart the battery powered saws and seems like all the different brands will go in this direction. So I expect we get to have more of these reviews and vids comming up.

Too bad the oregon hasn't been available as a tophandle saw.

Cheers.

Yep and thanks. Yes, mentioned that to the oregon rep about a tophandle. Along with having different yard tools for the same batteries, and a pole saw attachment for the rear handle saw. We had the bucket truck guys over here (boss/owner refused to let me do it...grumble..) to prune/hack away at the huge oak in the front yard and I was junior groundie and used that battery saw a lot on the job. They couldn't figure out how I was starting the saw!! Pretty funny. They both liked it, but need a tophandle. They run a 200t, some echo tophandle, and medium duty stihl rear handle, I forget which model though, nothing fantastic, I think a 290. Father/son team. The son REALLY liked the built in sharpenening system. Me, too. I went out of my way to dull that chain during my review and got 12 good sharpenings from it.

Supposedly they will be adding other tools to use the same batteries, but I don't know when.

Last edited:
Another model available is the Ryobi 36V. I have no experience with it but thought it belonged mentioned.
RYOBI Tools
I spoke with my Stihl dealer and he told me that many contracts in the city are beginning, more and more, to include a "silence" sentence. Hospitals, senior resident homes etc. all require "silent" tools to aquire the contract. Then all carpenters working on site are slowly changing over to the new system. They also like using it for quick sheetrock cutting.

Last edited:
Nice that even customers go and ask about silent work equipment.

He ryobi I never heard of, but just as the oregon it's a back handled saw and for a die hard climber arborist I need a tophandle saw up in the tree.

My choice for the husqvarna is because it's a well know brand with very good dealers in nearby locations with very good service, just the same dealer I work with for years now with the normal chainsaws. Other nice feature is that the battery packs can easily be exchanged in other great tools husqvarna has in their battery powered range.

Nice that even customers go and ask about silent work equipment.

He ryobi I never heard of, but just as the oregon it's a back handled saw and for a die hard climber arborist I need a tophandle saw up in the tree.

My choice for the husqvarna is because it's a well know brand with very good dealers in nearby locations with very good service, just the same dealer I work with for years now with the normal chainsaws. Other nice feature is that the battery packs can easily be exchanged in other great tools husqvarna has in their battery powered range.

That sounds like a very good thing, considering that the charger and 2 batteries cost more than the rest of the saw....:msp_wink:

Saw the Ryobi 40 Volt in a brochure today at The Home Depot. They did not have the actual saw. They had some Ryobi 18 Volt OPE there: chainsaw, blower, string trimmer, etc.

Should sell for less $ (?). Love to try some of these side-by-side.

Philbert

Saw the Ryobi 40 Volt in a brochure today at The Home Depot. They did not have the actual saw. They had some Ryobi 18 Volt OPE there: chainsaw, blower, string trimmer, etc.

Should sell for less $ (?). Love to try some of these side-by-side.

Philbert

The Ryobi is really slow compared to the others out there. There have been some tests already. If I really needed a e saw I would look at the more major players or still stick with the extension cord. I am actually waiting for Husqvarna to come out with the backhandle type of their TH version. That would definatly be very high on my list.

Latest posts

Back