Husqvarna372xp or Stihlms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd probably go 441 as well. Even though I just chose a 260 over the 346 even though the 446 is a much nicer setup, I just don't like my saw falling over everytime I set it down and I personally think the 260 is a little more nimble. But thats just me.

Sounds like you made a good choice on your own and did'nt let everyone on here do it for you.:bowdown: You made the right choice IMO

MS460 + stock DP cover = happy 'Hatte. 3/4 wrap, 20"/25"/32" b/c, MS260/16" in the truck too, ain't NOTHIN' I'm likely to get in over my head with. Nothing at all against Huskys; I just know Stihls better and swear by 'em. Outmoded air filtration system? Hardly. I can blow the prefilter band out in no time at all. Back to work!

Well I just wanted to let everybody know that I choose the 372. I tried both of them out and could not tell much power difference if any at all. The 372 just felt a lot better to me. Thanks for all the shared thoughts. I will try to figure out how to get pics on here.(may have to get the wife to do that).

good deal.

it realy is a good saw i like mine alot.

I dont blame you,the 372 is less tiring to use,IMO. Mine blows thru wood like a hot knife thru butter thanks to Brad's porting.The 372 is incredible.

Well I just wanted to let everybody know that I choose the 372. I tried both of them out and could not tell much power difference if any at all. The 372 just felt a lot better to me. Thanks for all the shared thoughts. I will try to figure out how to get pics on here.(may have to get the wife to do that).

Congratulations on the 372xp. :clap: They're a great saw that I love to run. Makes me sad to think they won't be around much longer.:cry:

no question there.

I think the question is do you want a 372xp or an 576xp? :greenchainsaw:

not as long as you still have a choice.

as for the 576,for the price and weight,you are crazy not to just get the 385xp instead.

everybody always says the av on the 460 is bad..... ive never once noticed a problem with it. the filter setup does get dirty easy, but i keep it clean. happy to for the extra power over the 372.

i never noticed an issue with the antivibe either.

everybody always says the av on the 460 is bad..... ive never once noticed a problem with it. the filter setup does get dirty easy, but i keep it clean. happy to for the extra power over the 372.

a guy i know has an 044 mag and it seems very smooth too.nice saw but i can't find a nice one.

as good as if he'd done a 385? no replacement for displacement.for that kind of money,the 395 is a no brainer.i bet they weigh close to the same as well.

FC,

The 395 is much heavier that the 395. 390 is an ounce or two more than the 385 and is a horse, especially when ported. My ported 390 seems to be close the my ported 660, and the 390 is still fresh.

As always, YMMV,

ole joat

If you are running them stock I would pick the 460. Luckily for you, either pick is an excellent choice. I love the 372, modded, it will humble a 660, (but only if I build it), I know that sounds lofty but I am still the arrogant pr*ck I was when I joined this forum. Come visit anytime and put one in our log, it will open your eyes. Cheers guys, Simon.

as good as if he'd done a 385? no replacement for displacement.for that kind of money,the 395 is a no brainer.i bet they weigh close to the same as well.

If I were I wouldn't bother with a 395, not much use for it, especially when a 660 is cheaper. Oh and displacement isn't everything, a well built 385 will beat a stock 395 no problem. :wave:

Maybe this'll help you make your decision. This vid is from this afternoon.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o8BbwRhVSdg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o8BbwRhVSdg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back