Husqvarna372xp or Stihlms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive seen full wrapped big dawged xp's on the shelfs maybe its an out west kinda thing.

i also used to think the full wrap and big dawgs meant xpw.

i do agree.

pick the 460.

stock itl out run the 372 and you can easily open the muffler up for more horses if you want

Reliability factor, Stihls I trust and Huskies haven't proved reliability to me with out doubt. 0 for 2 on the ones I owned. I like the feel and handling of Stihls. 372's are smoother and the better air filtering is very nice. And I have no problem with the fact that a majority of the Huskies verses the Stihl of the same size are a bit faster, but its not a huge differance in speed. I think a 460 would cut more in a day then the 372 in big wood but it'd be close enough it could go the other way. If you really feel better with the 372 and have a good source to maintain it that could be the right way for you. All in all I think you will get more in return from the 460 in production verses $ spent on the saw in its lifetime.

I disagree, 372 will last as long, they are both easy to work on, not one is easier or harder then the other to work on. The 372 has everything going for it, the 460 doesn't, the only thing the 460's got on the 372 is slightly more power, but that also doesn't mean the 372 is short on power, 272's are allot different then 372's, so unless you have a 372, how can you comment on the features and ease of maintenance. I have a 372, and a 046 which is pretty much the same dang thing as a 460, and I love both.

well. i dont know how much work you have done on either, but i will bet you 100 bucks that i can have a 460 to the case and crank faster than you can get your 372 tore down..... care to take that bet?

If the 372 is a xpw get it, if not get the 460. The huskys are smoother than the 460 but it will have a slight edge in power. I've never run a 71cc husky just the 75cc and the big bore.

dragrcr

i didnt notice wich was faster and easier to tear down, pretty much the only difrence is the top plastic come off difrent othere then that i wouldnt bet on wich i could tear down faster. id say its pretty darn clase

460 all the way. The reliability and power is the main concern so why would you even consider the husky. :confused:

Either one will do. I read a comment where the husky parts were cheaper, unless you have a dealer that will give you a nice discount, Stihl parts are no higher. I like the 460 and prefer the 044/440 myself but have ran some nice 372s.

I wish I could talk my dad out of his 440. He insists on using the Homelite XL12 and keeping the MS440 in new/unused condition.:cry:

id also buy the 460. i like the stihl feel.
but i do have a 372 and wont be getn rid of it

:agree2:

I have two MS460's and a JRed version of the 372 (2171) ... it's hard to choose which one to work with!

dragrcr

i didnt notice wich was faster and easier to tear down, pretty much the only difrence is the top plastic come off difrent othere then that i wouldnt bet on wich i could tear down faster. id say its pretty darn clase

well give me my torx tool and i dont need to put it down once the bar is off, i like that, and the torx seems to hold up better than the allen head bolts on the husky. just my expierence. they are both great saws and there is not a wrong choice, pick em up and get the one that feels better, to me that is the stihl, but thats probably because im in northern cal. and thats what everyone has been using since i was a kid.

Back