Huztl/Farmertec clone chainsaws are ****

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know.... As much as you and I bicker back and forth, I hate to admit it, but you and I would probably actually have fun running saws together... No matter what the saw is, to each his own, but they are fun to run!!!
That's what GTGs are for. You missed most of the China saw build offs though.

Well I didn't like the bars at all, and I do have several on the shelf that havent reached the trash bin yet. The chains stayed sharp pretty good though.
One of the chains I got was bended in one of the links, I sent them a picture and they replied: just try to use it and it will surely work just fine". Great !
It will wear in they forgot to mention.

I personally haven’t had too much problems with my clone but I do carry a fully stock stihl saw for backup and tools and some extra parts with me when using my China saws

I admit I didn’t have a oem husky 372xp to compare a Chinese HUS372 to. I recently picked up a husky 371xp she’s a beast even comparing it to my 266’s. Now I wonder just how good or no good a hus372 Chinese saw is. I picked up a new chinese 372 hus engine to swap out in a husky 372 Xp. I been pressed for time and ill lately. Kidney failure it’s been one thing after another. I have a new oem 372 cylinder too. Just need to find the time.

Wow. Just saw a guy selling a 660 clone on Craigslist for $600. Even states it's a clone. Makes me think I need to know what to look for before buying a used Stihl.

Got me some run time in this morning. Nothing like the smell of fresh 2 stroke exhaust early in the morning. IMG_20200426_084121531.jpgIMG_20200426_100810759.jpgIMG_20200426_104705348.jpg

Wow. Just saw a guy selling a 660 clone on Craigslist for $600. Even states it's a clone. Makes me think I need to know what to look for before buying a used Stihl.
That's good he states it's a clone and not try to pass off a clone as the real thing.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Even if you’re not making a living with the saw, when your 660 clone ***** the bed/loses its intake clamp trying to stump that one big tree you bought it for, or are taking down for someone with your “hobby” built saw with half the back cut in, what do you do then? I mean, you could hire a pro, which if you bought a 660 clone for one tree you should have done to start, and they will charge you extra because you ****ed with the tree and it’s now in such a way they can’t work with it the way they wanted if they had just started off with it.

Sure, a Stihl 064/066/650/660/661 or a 288/385/390/394/395XP could also crap out. But there’s less of a chance of it happening. There’s a good reason the Stihl & Husqvarna saws cost what they do, and it’s not just the lower relative labor cost of Chinese manufacturing. Situations where life and property are at risk are not good times to find out.

This blatant rip off and intellectual property theft is disgusting, and it doesn’t just apply to chainsaws.
That's EXACTLY why when I go to work every day theres at least 7 saws available to work and every one of them is capable of taking care of my cutting needs. In addition to that, all but one of them are all OEM or OEM rebuilds Ive done myself. I do make a living with my saws though so that certainly factors in.

In addition to that, all but one of them are all OEM or OEM rebuilds Ive done myself.

What is the one that is not? Is it a clone? Why bring it as a backup saw if they are so unreliable?
That's EXACTLY why when I go to work every day theres at least 7 saws available to work and every one of them is capable of taking care of my cutting needs.

Seven??? And they can all do everything? Why do you need so many to do the job if any one of them could do it.. I get taking a spare, but 6 spares?

Did cuinrearview give you a hand? Just asking.
Nah you woulda seen a hot OEM 60 in the shots if I was there for that action. 42cc red 346 for most of the tops. OEM as well.
Ha! He wouldn't be caught dead with my saws!
I'm not afraid of any saw. You just won't see one on my bench. My dad had one of those Poulans before I gave him a $75 OEM 345. He still raves about how easy it starts.

What is the one that is not? Is it a clone? Why bring it as a backup saw if they are so unreliable?

Seven??? And they can all do everything? Why do you need so many to do the job if any one of them could do it.. I get taking a spare, but 6 spares?
Apparently you've never pinched a bar. Or worked long enough to dull a chain.

Back