Huztl Flippy Caps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your experience with these? I rebuilt a Stihl 025 basket case that required a new case and flippy caps. Bought them from Huztl. Finished saw leaked fuel badly from cap. Tried another Huztl cap with same results. Have not tried OEM yet. These flippy caps are prime candidates for the "do not buy from Huztl" list. Anyone else tried them?

I think the real problem here is lack of quality control. Huztl buys parts from several sources in China, and there seems to be a very casual approach to QC. When you talk about a particular Huztl part, you're talking apples and oranges. Some are good, some are not, depending on the source and the skill of the worker. And that's the problem. . . you can't depend on getting a good product.

As stated earlier it's not always the cap's fault when you have a leak, could be the case around the cap cracked or made wrong.

Very True, but I used a Huztl MS460 tank and a Huztl Cap and it leaked, I switched to a oem cap and no leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated earlier it's not always the cap's fault when you have a leak, could be the case around the cap cracked or made wrong.

True. New Huztl case and two new Huztl flippy caps. Which is the culprit? I'll know when I try a Stihl flippy cap. I like the screw in kind sooooo much better.

What's your experience with these? I rebuilt a Stihl 025 basket case that required a new case and flippy caps. Bought them from Huztl. Finished saw leaked fuel badly from cap. Tried another Huztl cap with same results. Have not tried OEM yet. These flippy caps are prime candidates for the "do not buy from Huztl" list. Anyone else tried them?
I think they would be crap just like the rest of the crap that they make.
Crap crap crap

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back