Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a look through the 044 parts saws and amazed at how many broken fins on flywheels I see, do guys normally finish a cut by throwing the saw sideways at the log?
I think I have three nice old style flywheels so I will pull one in the morning to send with the gasket set (I sent him a gasket set for a MS200T the first time).

So far I am partial to the 10mm 044, the 12mm 044, the ported 044, the 046 the MS440, the MS460 and the ported MS460 :)
I stay open to the possibility that I will also love the hybrid :)
Dave

lol sounds like me i have a bucket i put cylinders in i have a few flywheels that are good paperweights what i notice the most they like taking the plastics off saw

For those that have never built an 044/440.....
When installing the PTO side bearing, make sure to install the oiler before sending the bearing home. The oiler creates a positive stop for the bearing.
Any deeper or shallower will create issue further on in the rebuild process.
I keep an old oiler around just for this purpose because it gets exposed to high temps when heating the case and the rubber o-rings inside the oiler probably won't hold up to that abuse.

For those that have never built an 044/440.....
When installing the PTO side bearing, make sure to install the oiler before sending the bearing home. The oiler creates a positive stop for the bearing.
Any deeper or shallower will create issue further on in the rebuild process.
I keep an old oiler around just for this purpose because it gets exposed to high temps when heating the case and the rubber o-rings inside the oiler probably won't hold up to that abuse.

photo not found on my end. May be me...just checking.

Back