Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note I just got home from work and the perverted deer were in my yard .... Apparently one was getting porky with the other and got punched in the face ..... Anywho so the is the 518 more susceptible to contaminants or would you take these precautions with the other sealants as well

Jesse

The mating surfaces of the case halves were sandblasted...... :(

And the problem with them is

Its smart too block sand them flat to give you the best surface to seal

After we blast the case which is together then we unscrew them and do the inside case and very lightly go over mating surface to get all junk off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the problem with them is

Its smart too block sand them flat to give you the best surface to seal

After we blast the case which is together then we unscrew them and do the inside case and very lightly go over mating surface to get all junk off

Do you normally leave the old crank bearings in place?

At work I lay a sheet of 500 grit on my surface plate hold the top of it and just press down and pull the part away from where I'm holding ..... Thats usually to clean up gages and stuff but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the thems there cases .... A cast-iron table saw top works too heck even a kitchen counter top is prolly flat enough

Jesse

From the image and comments looked like you were using 518 liquid gasket between the cases like a dirt bike would ?

No i use split outer races while blasting and powdering

Looks like this...
5bd3751870dff89fd583ceb8ac7b1dbd.jpg
53828304b7e5b4d30e365096465eb6be.jpg

Back