Hydraulic valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Swisher 32 ton and the lever to move the wedge up and down won't lock on the up stroke as it used to, anyone know if this can be adjusted ?

This might work

Remove the lever, rotate the spool 180 degrees, and reattach the lever. The detent groove edge turned in spool may be worn and rotating the spool will provide a new edge.

Take Care

Yes return stroke, sorry it took so long to get back I was putting up wood all day yesterday

S/Yank, by spool you mean the rod the lever is attached to?

Mga, What part of NY are you from

Last edited:
I had something similar happen to my splitter. Sounds stupid but fluid was low...filled it and seemed to work fine. Worth a try imo. Good luck. Hope It's that simple.

Yes return stroke, sorry it took so long to get back I was putting up wood all day yesterday

S/Yank, by spool you mean the rod the lever is attached to?

Mga, What part of NY are you from

Yup

The spool is the part of the valve the lever moves in and out. It's usually attached to the lever by a clevis pin.

Take Care

On my splitter, the hose deteriorated such that it would work one direction, and "cupped" the fluid the other direction such that it shut off all flow. It was a bear to figure out. Happened to be the return stroke. New hose and perfect.

I sure thought it was the valve.

Latest posts

Back