HYPOTHETICAL - Which saw would you grab in an emergency?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Reaction score
Hi peoples.

Hey just thought I'd start a thread on what saw you would grab in an emergency. Size or bar length doesn't count at all but lets suppose this...

A family member has just had a tree fall on them so you have to grab one saw. Which saw in your arsenal would you race for just KNOWING it will start without a hitch and get that killer branch off your loved one :D

In my case I would grab my little Husky 353 but I have confidence in all my saws starting. It's simply that my Husky 353 has not missed a beat at all and just oozes 100% reliable, so far anyway :)

Shiat Matt, that's a tough one! Good question. In my case the one in easiest reach, or the first one I saw of five in my shed. Because all are, and have been very reliable I make sure they are, and stay that way. And they are all full of fluid's, sharp, serviced, and ready. And they all start with a few quick pulls. Wont own a saw that make's you pull, and pull.

Easy, 441R M-Tronics that has been modded, with a 28" Stihl LITE bar and Full Skip Semi Chisel. For all practical purposes its a one pull starting saw, thats start to finish, one pull. It doesn't care about the temperature, elevation or fuel it will compensate and push the performance as hard as it can. It will have more than enough power to pull the 28" through just about any hardwood, enough that it makes the 660 completely unnecessary, and it will get more wood cut on that first important tank in an emergency than any other saw made, period.

That's what I would pick up,

Sam

I guess since the 660 is the only one at my house it gets the nod.

lite fast 023 or 025 aaw any of ma newish Stihls or ma 310 with tungsten carbide duro chain it could cut a car roof off. As my job sees me respond storm or asap problem trees, friggen always just after knock off or dinner time, I need all ma stuff always in the ute fueled sharp ready to go.

I know the question was 1 saw and I gave 2...

I want 2 in case I happen to pinch #1 and can't pull free.
I go to the 2nd one instantly...!!!

In a life saving emergency...we are all adrenaline fired and susceptible to mistakes..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Do I like them or just have to love them cause they are family?:confused:

Latest posts

Back