I am selling my trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
For real this time. I don't need both and came across a decent f250 dump I am going to replace my f350 dump and my f150.

Both trucks have working plows and and inspected.

022-7.jpg

001-6.jpg

004-10.jpg

028-1.jpg

Dan,

You came across an F-250 dump truck?

Was that a type-o?

-Mike

Came across a few. One guy is looking to trade a 92 super cab with plow and dump insert 7.3 liter for a small station wagon. I was thinking about trading my Outback but i like having a small car. its a nice well kept truck and looks great. 300 k miles though.

Another f250 I saw the dump bed was the original bed with a piston.

I don't know why you'd part with a tonner like yours unless it's just ate up from the salt and completely beat. I'd love to have that truck.

Came across a few. One guy is looking to trade a 92 super cab with plow and dump insert 7.3 liter for a small station wagon. I was thinking about trading my Outback but i like having a small car. its a nice well kept truck and looks great. 300 k miles though.

Another f250 I saw the dump bed was the original bed with a piston.

I have my f150 set up as a dump using the original bed. in my opinion going from that f350 to that you will be very disappointed sometimes it can be a pain to get chips to dump because they get locked in the wheel wells and in the rear corners especially if its just chips with no leaves or needles and you need to be careful with what you try and dump logs are a no no you will rip and beat the bed and tail gate to bits in no time. plus some of those dump kits are crap some have a hard time dumping half there rated weight mine will lift at least 3K I had a decent load of wood in it and it picked it up a 1/4 of the way(hard part) before I aborted the test

if you can build a box for the dump insert that would work pretty good

but I would just keep the 350 around

I have my f150 set up as a dump using the original bed. in my opinion going from that f350 to that you will be very disappointed sometimes it can be a pain to get chips to dump because they get locked in the wheel wells and in the rear corners especially if its just chips with no leaves or needles and you need to be careful with what you try and dump logs are a no no you will rip and beat the bed and tail gate to bits in no time. plus some of those dump kits are crap some have a hard time dumping half there rated weight mine will lift at least 3K I had a decent load of wood in it and it picked it up a 1/4 of the way(hard part) before I aborted the test

if you can build a box for the dump insert that would work pretty good

but I would just keep the 350 around

Didn't you just change my mind! I am just sick of driving bigger trucks and I got the smallest i could. Its true I should just leave well enough alone.

Is that the one you welded the frame on this winter? What motor?

both have had frame repairs.

008-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

And both need work from time to time. The dump is due for tires and should have the brakes checked, they probably need something but it shouldn't be more than shoes/drums. The rotors and front end should be fine. No real leaks, just normal seepage for a ttrucks this old.

It may need can corners and rockers but I cut out and patched these areas. I also took out the foam that was put in the cab corners as sound deadener so water could drain. I also took the rugs and mats out of both trucks. As long as it water and mud can't hold up somewhere things don't normally rust out. I did these repairs last summer.

021-5.jpg

014-6.jpg

This was all on the drivers rocker. Its been cut out. patched and coated.

They dont look to bad, kinda old & for 8 grand with frame repairs........good luck! both are way to small for any real work & a 150 as a plow truck? maybe for ones own driveway?

the 94 dump......lucky to get $4-$5,000 & the 150 not sure what the book says, but good luck (for real)

LXT...........

I would stay with the 1 ton, looks like a power stroke, I had a 3/4 ton that I put a dump under the original bed and with the chipper it was way overloaded and had to go back to finish larger jobs was better with the 16 foot brush trailer than the 3/4 ton plus it had 4:10 gears and a throttle body 350 so got 10 mpg loaded or not, my fuso gets around 12-15 but its slow, but will hold more than its should.
Paul

Are you quitting Dan? If not I'd hang on to the one ton. I mean I'd buy it fo sho. I was planning on putting a few g's in it. I need a truck that's smaller and a guy with a regular DL Can drive. I got 4 CDL rigs and it's nice to have a chip truck that size sometime. Finding guys with a CDL That will do more than just drive is a pain. I always liked the 7.3 diesel also There pretty bullet proof.

I'd keep it tho dude a 250 for chipping is gonna be weak sauce. Overload it in 10 min.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ffa00i

Are you quitting Dan? If not I'd hang on to the one ton. I mean I'd buy it fo sho. I was planning on putting a few g's in it. I need a truck that's smaller and a guy with a regular DL Can drive. I got 4 CDL rigs and it's nice to have a chip truck that size sometime. Finding guys with a CDL That will do more than just drive is a pain. I always liked the 7.3 diesel also There pretty bullet proof.

I'd keep it tho dude a 250 for chipping is gonna be weak sauce. Overload it in 10 min.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ffa00i

HAH! I got you guys again with the ole " I am selling my stuff" bit.:laugh:

No but really, its me and 3 vehicles and I hate to drive. I know I can't get rid of the dump but I want to something to consolidate at least two of the vehicles. A Hummer H3 looks like it could take the place of the Outback and f150.
I can do a lot with the Outback but not pull machines... least I don't think I can... and know I shouldn't. Its a good car, good on gas and a quick scoot here and there , runs fine. An 02 I own and my wife can drive. If I am going to swap it out I need something that can do what the f150 and Outback can do.
Out of 3 vehicles I am looking to trade off two for 1. I would think the dump would be worth 6 grand, the f150 3k.

Dan I said it before and I will say it again I will take the F350 , My # is 856 939 6121 , I would Pm it too ya but Thats annoying call me if your serious I will be around all day tomorrow and Sunday, email me some more pics to [email protected]

Last edited:
View attachment 234739 Look man I already have a matching one .... They would look good parked together HELL maybe I would even paint one to match the other .... OHHH who am kidding I wouldn't :laugh: [video]http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/commercial-tree-care-climbing/234739d1334969740-washington-20111019-00054-jpg[/video]

Last edited:
Back