I can't deal with this.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So was all the stuff that was stolen covered by your insurance ?

My deductible is $1000 plus some bull#### $300 dollars on top of the $1000. Not worth making a claim without premiums going up. Autopac should cover the quad no problem but I'm out of pocket on the other stuff. What the hell is insurance for if you have to lose everything you own for it to pay off.:mad2:

How did you guys deal with the emotional kick in the nuts from the experience? I am so angry I now have little respect for people and if I was able to catch them doing it I would have lost it and probably be in trouble with the law. I would probably be in jail. I can't get it out of my head how it makes me feel. Insurance has my stuff covered but I feel like a woman who was just raped and never had a chance to fight back. It has caused tension in my family now because it wasn't mine to begin with. I feel so ####en violated and I am taking it very personal.

You have every right to feel the way you do, I would feel the same. I struggle with things too. This is when that old saying what goes around comes around will go into effect. Phuckers have to deal with the lord now... You stay cool for your family, you have your health and your family...

Kevin

You have every right to feel the way you do, You stay cool for your family, you have your health and your family...

Kevin

Good advice there.

I had my garage broken into years ago when I was racing motorcycles. Thieves took two race bikes and all my racing gear. (Helmets, pants, gloves, boots, etc) and nothing else. I was targeted. You're right when you say you feel violated. Then you get it again when dealing with the insurance company. They undervalue your stuff, have to fight with them like crazy and end up with a lot less that you expected. It my case it was two claims. One auto claim for the bike (the other one was not insured) and a homeowner claim for the gear. To top it off, they cancelled me upon renewal cause I had too many claims. They considered it two claims in one year- they did not consider it as the same incident. That was twenty years ago. Still affects me to some degree. I lock and double lock everything.

That happened to me quite a few years back now when they stole my brand new 5hp Honda Walk behind rotary tiller never got it back the cops just asked me if it was insured which it wasn't the cops responce pity really as insurance would have helped ............... nothing was said about the 5 x 7/8 Angus stud bulls turned loose on the highway when the thieves cut my fence to take the rotary hoe.

McBob.

sounds like the cops were in on it.......................

I know just how you feel. I got robbed twice the first year I lived here. First they got my new pressure washer and a few months later they took some power tools. I got the power tools back after I found them in a pawn shop and threatened to call my FBI friends when the local detective tried to tell me he couldn't do anything because I didn't have serial numbers recorded on the police report. I still ended up having to wait till the thief brought the money back to the pawn shop! Turned out the thief walked along the RR tracks past my place almost every day on his way to town. I caught up with him on the tracks one day and let him know that next time he was in my sight I would shoot him and bury him deep with my Bobcat. If the cops wouldn't put him in jail, I would fix the problem myself. Never did see him again, but did hear that he was busted again over drugs.
One thing the Arabs have right.... Get caught stealing...lose your hand. Just think of the Billions we could save in prison costs!
Rick

you do know,,this post,,will have all the leftists liberal pukes of this forum mad???? they will come howling over from the political forum to cry................

How did you guys deal with the emotional kick in the nuts from the experience? I am so angry I now have little respect for people and if I was able to catch them doing it I would have lost it and probably be in trouble with the law. I would probably be in jail. I can't get it out of my head how it makes me feel. Insurance has my stuff covered but I feel like a woman who was just raped and never had a chance to fight back. It has caused tension in my family now because it wasn't mine to begin with. I feel so ####en violated and I am taking it very personal.

Get a couple mean dogs, security cameras, and an alarm with the money you get back.

My deductible is $1000 plus some bull#### $300 dollars on top of the $1000. Not worth making a claim without premiums going up. Autopac should cover the quad no problem but I'm out of pocket on the other stuff. What the hell is insurance for if you have to lose everything you own for it to pay off.:mad2:

find another ins co...................

you do know,,this post,,will have all the leftists liberal pukes of this forum mad???? they will come howling over from the political forum to cry................

No, I think even the leftists liberal pukes would agree with getting rid of chainsaw thiefs.
Rick

that be him,all mouth,,no bite....someone probably punched his teeth out.......

That happened to a guy I know. He is a big religious guy and he started preaching his beliefs to a guy at the gym one day. The guy apparently told him 3 times to get lost but he didn't listen and ended up with a 5 pound dumbbell in the chops. Poor bastard to this day he still believes it was the work of Satan. I don't have the heart to tell him he's just an idiot. :hmm3grin2orange:

I have several rental properties and it is getting pretty rough out there.
I have had several incidents this past year and hope things get better soon.
Unfortunately we will have to grit our teeth and bear it for a while.

Seems like the first couple are pretty hard to handle but it gets better as time goes on.
I lost a lot of things over the years but I can't dilly dally too long about them.
I just try to find a replacement if possible and generally I never buy new.

Seems they don't like the old stuff nearly as well.

I have come to believe that if they want it they will take it anyway no matter what I do.
I keep the doors shut and some junk in front that you can see.
Don't know if it really helps but just seems to make me feel better.
Chad

Latest posts

Back