I can't wait for next winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all the seasons, something nice about all of them, and some negatives with them as well. but, variety. I like the hotter weather for gardening and fishing. cooler weather for doing wood. spring and fall for mowing and getting ready for winter and summer. I like mowing, as opposed to I guess most guys don't like it. I like it, it's my job.

I would like a nice shop and garage for working on junk though, to even out the seasons. Right now need to do more truck work, sitting in three inch deep mud puddles. nuts. I would do a lot more wrenching with a nice setup, maybe even full time, but as a renter, can't see building a garage then having to pay the added taxes, etc. I have actually looked at cheaper places to buy lately, to see if I could make that happen, but even the cheap places are outside my budget now. double rats.

Anyway, three months apiece seasons would be ideal. I know the calendar says we have that, but reality here is six months cold wet mud six months hot and wet and mostly mud.

Heat humidity cold whatever doesn't bother me working outside much except for wrenching. Anything else I can deal with it.

one thing i've learned in my life. every day you wish away is one less day you get to live. you just gotta be smarter than the bugs. regarding the heat-i used to ask my uncle why he wore long sleeves in the summer. he said to keep the bugs off but primarily so when he'd sweat the next breeze cooled him off. cold? dress for it. every day i'm vertical, walking around, breathing on my own is a great day. but, please don't confuse me with a "have a happy day" type; i'm not. just enjoy living. bottom line -- deal with it and count yer blessings. just sayin

Latest posts

Back