i could not believe it,,, need to sell some blood or work a corner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That corner gig aint gonna work, you would have to pay not get paid.:hmm3grin2orange:

The answer you seek is right in front of you, Snackie King....

[video=youtube;YuSXihJM6jY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YuSXihJM6jY[/video]

Nayyyy,fat chicks are patient,they know eventually you will be drunk enough.....so I've heard.

I just called the stihl/john deere store and I had to take a freaking nitro tablet,,,, 475+shipping,,,, ok,,,, guess I am going to go with Oregon,,, what I can't figure out with all the numbers is which is which,,,,,, I am wanting the standard 3/8,,, semi chisel,, 50 gauge non safety chain,, anyone have some light to shine on this subject

ha right on

here have peek at this
[video=youtube;JEbUdt3u7ak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbUdt3u7ak[/video]

ha right on

here have peek at this
[video=youtube;JEbUdt3u7ak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbUdt3u7ak[/video]

I think and I know a lot of people will agree,, you have some serious issues:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Oregon 72DP or Woodland Pro 30SC. With the WP you can get rolls of 25,50,100 feet but i've never used it so i have no comment on either chain i've always used STIHL RM/RMC and you're right its $$$ but IMO its the best semi chisel out there.

Oregon 72DP or Woodland Pro 30SC. With the WP you can get rolls of 25,50,100 feet but i've never used it so i have no comment on either chain i've always used STIHL RM/RMC and you're right its $$$ but IMO its the best semi chisel out there.

I agree,, I would love to have the stihl chain but I just can't afford a 100 foot roll,, they won't sell me a 50 footer:cry::angry2::cry::cry:

so your running a Stihl bar also correct ?
.050 or .063??
3/8" I am thinking on switching to the Stihl bar and chain on my Husq 372's

this is from my main supplier,,,, opinions

3/8" PITCH - .050" GAUGE, TYPE - 72DPX
(SUPER 70)
-ROUND CORNERED SEMI-CHISEL CUTTERS WORK FAST, STAND UP TO ABRASIVE CUTTING CONDITIONS
-BUMPER DRIVE LINKS HELP TO REDUCE KICKBACK
-EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE IN DUSTY OR DIRTY CONDITIONS
-VIBE-BAN CHASSIS DESIGN REDUCES VIBRATION 25% OR MORE AT THE HANDLES
-LUBRILINK TIE STRAPS HELP KEEP OIL WHERE IT'S NEEDED - ON THE CHAIN

so your running a Stihl bar also correct ?
.050 or .063??
3/8" I am thinking on switching to the Stihl bar and chain on my Husq 372's

Nope all my saws are Husky's with 3/8 .050 Oregon or Techlite bars except for top handles and a MS 361 that does have a .050 Stihl bar. You need an adapter to use a Stihl bar on a Husky but you can use Stihl chain on the bars you have.

this is from my main supplier,,,, opinions

3/8" PITCH - .050" GAUGE, TYPE - 72DPX
(SUPER 70)
-ROUND CORNERED SEMI-CHISEL CUTTERS WORK FAST, STAND UP TO ABRASIVE CUTTING CONDITIONS
-BUMPER DRIVE LINKS HELP TO REDUCE KICKBACK
-EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE IN DUSTY OR DIRTY CONDITIONS
-VIBE-BAN CHASSIS DESIGN REDUCES VIBRATION 25% OR MORE AT THE HANDLES
-LUBRILINK TIE STRAPS HELP KEEP OIL WHERE IT'S NEEDED - ON THE CHAIN
no you don't want that - it has bumper links that will slow you down. I just bought a 100' roll of what you're after. It's 75D, but that's .063 gauge. So you want 72D

no you don't want that - it has bumper links that will slow you down. I just bought a 100' roll of what you're after. It's 75D, but that's .063 gauge. So you want 72D

It looks like the DPX has the same raker design as the LPX and it's quite fast. I can't tell alot of difference between LPX and LGX. Now I've got some CL coming and looking forward to trying it.

Why not just buy one chain at a time? Most of the time semi chisel will last a whole days worth of cutting before it needs to be touched up. Even more so being stihl chain. :confused:

Why not just buy one chain at a time? Most of the time semi chisel will last a whole days worth of cutting before it needs to be touched up. Even more so being stihl chain. :confused:

it is an idea but you will pay more per chain doing it that way,,,, plus I have the spinner and breaker

it is an idea but you will pay more per chain doing it that way,,,, plus I have the spinner and breaker

I agree you will pay more, but I would think that would be for people that are cutting on a daily basis. Such as tree companies or loggers. But if I remember correctly you did repair work on the side, so maybe your wanting to sell some chains? Then you have to look at what your profit would be per chain. Then find out if it would bring the roll down in price far enough to justify the price. You could also keep your eye out on ebay. There are folks that sell bulk stihl pre spun chain lots that were used once then a new one was put on. I have saw 5-10 used chains going for around $50 to 100$. You could always break them and re spin them to the size you need. One other thing to think about is asking in the classified section to buy used stihl chain. There HAS to be folks on AS that has TONS of used chain hanging up not being used that they might let go for $15 shipped, that still has half or better the tooth still left. When money is short you have to look at all options. That is if your looking for personal chain. One other option might be PMing folks on AS that have connections to see if they can get it cheaper.

Latest posts

Back