I found a Bandit. Is it a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForTheArborist

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found a 2001 Brush Bandit 200 Plus with 800 hours on it. 800? I don't assume that is good.

He's asking for 3.5k. I'm just thinking if I adopt an 800 hour machine, it's going to need a lot of baby sitting by the repair shop. How much though? That's the right question.

Given everything I've seen in the market and what all of the Arbs are say, it's probably worth $2k imo. Does anyone else see it like this?

I've bought plenty of "good deals" I guess you have to look at the whole thing. What engine? Does the meter actually work? Where did it come from (private contractor, municipal, or other)? How does it look/run? What little repairs does it need that will just nickle and dime you? Look it over good and if you don't know what you are looking at/for, find someone who does and get them a nice gift card to go with you.

This can't be a good sign. This is his email he just sent me.

I'm currently serving on active duty in the USMC 10th PSYOP Bt. and at this point and time I'm stationed on a military facility located approximately 50 miles from Boonsboro,MD. My battalion was assigned to the 96th Squadron CADST and scheduled for deployment in the next couple days. The chipper is here with me, but to pick it up is essential to be here in the next 2 days. If you can't manage to come here before I'll be moved to my next duty station, the chipper can be transported by a military carrier, delivery charges will be included in the actual selling price.

Due to the urgent nature of this sale, I'd like to conclude this transaction using eBay's Security Center, they basically provides a secure and controlled environment that allows the payment transfer between buyer and seller. To eliminate any concerns, you will have a 5 days inspection period, prior purchase approval. After the inspection period ends and you decide not to keep the chipper, shipping back will be my concern.

If you want to proceed and you have sufficient funds to complete the transaction, please email me back with the following information.
- Your Full Name and Shipping Address (Home Address, City, State, zip/Postal Code) - Info. required by eBay's Security Center, they will contact you with simple, easy to follow step by step guidelines.
- Your Phone Number: (Home,Mobile,Office) - Info. required by the shipping company, they will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule works best for you to receive the chipper.

On second thought, this looks too good to be true. I think it's a scam. I'm going to do a little more questioning him, and I'll probably find out it's a fraud. I might just end up burning his scam online to make sure people know it's a scam.

I'll keep you all posted.

Scam? No way!!! What would make you think that????

Let me say this, my full time gig is a police officer. We investigate scams like these all the time! Unfortunately these people usually prey on the elderly. Its even sicker when they use some excuse like they are in the military, what a disgrace to all the men and women serving. I saw one of these about a jet ski on craigslist a couple months ago and asked the guy about it. He gave me a similar story so I told him I had already booked a plane ticket to whatever town he was in and I was leaving the next day with cash. Never heard from him again. Its almost kinda fun to screw with these dirt bags!!!!

I wouldn't give the guy an ounce of your information. It is way to easy to be frauded these days so just ignore him. You can report it but until there is a loss, there is no crime. Even the fed's aren't doing much with these things because there is just wayyyyy too many of them to even begin to track. Just be smart about it!!!!

Before I read the email this guy sent you, my thoughts were that something was amidst. Ther is no way an 01 bandit 200 with 800 hrs would go for 3.5K. More like 7 at auction, and closer to 10-12 retail.

And where may I ask, did they tell you it was worth 2 grand?????

Last edited:
Before I read the email this guy sent you, my thoughts were that something was amidst. Ther is no way an 01 bandit 200 with 800 hrs would go for 3.5K. More like 7 at auction, and closer to 10-12 retail.

And where may I ask, did they tell you it was worth 2 grand?????

Yeah, I was all over the place several things there, and thought it was 8000 for a minute not 800.

Maybe that's why I thought 8000 hours instead of 800. I don't know.

I want to see if I can pull the plug on his scam.

I mentioned in a scam report to the FTC. They might take a look at it, and see if they can play the sucker role to find out who it is. Maybe.

He lowered his price yesterday. :msp_thumbup: BRUSH BANDIT 200 PLUS WOOD CHIPPER $2,900 He needs money fast. Call now! :eek2:

Tell him you can come see it with cash in hand ASAP...if he gives a address I put it on here and I will check into as I'm from Maryland.

Its well under priced, its on craigs list and its a Gmail account for the email... Its a SCAM 100% That thing would sell on the side of the road in 2 days at that price.

Latest posts

Back