I got scammed.... and I’m laughing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trent Curtis

Trent Curtis

ArboristSite Guru
So I asked for it.... I ignored the warnings.

I was contacted by a guy who said he had a 272 that needed some work. $150 and he’d ship to me.

He didn’t have PayPal, and requested a Walmart money gram.
I called him and spoke with him on the phone.... he sounded respectful and normal....

Well he got the money and then didn’t answer calls/texts.....

So I google his name...... this is what popped up...

I’m not even mad.... I’m actually laughing. I can be such an idiot!:buttkick::angry::laughing:

Attachments

• 9CA5B894-5028-4CD9-81BF-CF26362C7FF5.png
    9CA5B894-5028-4CD9-81BF-CF26362C7FF5.png
    482.6 KB · Views: 270
Trent Curtis

Trent Curtis

ArboristSite Guru
Find his arresting officer or the prosecuting attorney and tell them your story. Maybe they will tack it on (mail fraud), and you will get some restitution.

Philbert

Ah I could..... but this chap has enough troubles in his life. He scammed me because I was stupid- I knew better.

$150 isn’t worth my time, I just have to admit the truth..... that if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes :dumb:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
Just super glue my head back on my shoulders.... it seems to have gone missing :crazy:

The most important thing to keep in mind, is that you learn from your mistakes. And, it sounds like you have.

I've made lots of mistakes. My saving grace is, that I learn from each & every one. Rarely, if ever, do I make the same mistake twice.

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
He contacted you? Did you have an ad on CL that you were interested in buying saws? I find it hard to trust anyone, lately.

Yet nobody answers my ads offering to buy anything with a Zenoah strato-engine... even conmen most likely believe I am some sort of dangerous sexual deviant.

Trent Curtis

Trent Curtis

ArboristSite Guru
He contacted you? Did you have an ad on CL that you were interested in buying saws? I find it hard to trust anyone, lately.

I had an add in Idaho looking to buy a 272..... ID adds often pop up in OR, as this one did apparently.

$150 isn't chump change, but it's not worth crying over. I can play the part of the victim, or admit that I took a gamble and lost. Gambles are just that, and if you play the game you're going to lose a few. :surprised3:o_O next time I might try googling BEFORE sending the dough :reading:

RedneckChainsawRepair
Guess I should post the pos crackhead mugshot that got me from SC. Only thing that saved me was I paid by paypal the right way.
If I dont trust or know you that is the way it is. ;) To many THIEVES out there stealing from us.

She had a record a mile long in FLA when I ran her name.
Yes I talked to her on the phone about a saw she had listed for sale. It was brought to my attention by a member that lived close that I may want the saw.

IMO still file a mail fraud case on it. Get their name address etc on there. I did. ;)
It's all done online and about 5mins.

Deleted member 117362
D

Deleted member 117362

I had an add in Idaho looking to buy a 272..... ID adds often pop up in OR, as this one did apparently.

$150 isn't chump change, but it's not worth crying over. I can play the part of the victim, or admit that I took a gamble and lost. Gambles are just that, and if you play the game you're going to lose a few. :surprised3:o_O next time I might try googling BEFORE sending the dough :reading:
Only problem with that is, he scammed you, so he must live by scamming others. He needs to be stopped! If you have time to make a couple calls, would follow Philbert's advise and save others that may not be in your position to absorb the loss. Just my 2 cents. I can not stand thieves.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller

you got a good way of looking at it. i'm glad i can count on you not crying about the sand and metal filings all over in that top end i sent lol :)

Latest posts