I got the ms500i R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also told me they have 30 ms461s on order, and that's it. No more 461s. I might have to hang on to mine for awhile.
I was going to mention that this year is the last year for the 461 and Stihl is only filling backorders from Jan until May
It is not eating anything, so if it was mine I would hang onto it, but I would drain all the gas, fire it up let it run dry, put moto-mix in it to the top of the fuel filter, fire it up let it idle for a few minutes and store it.

I was going to mention that this year is the last year for the 461 and Stihl is only filling backorders from Jan until May
It is not eating anything, so if it was mine I would hang onto it, but I would drain all the gas, fire it up let it run dry, put moto-mix in it to the top of the fuel filter, fire it up let it idle for a few minutes and store it.
That sucks... The 461 is still a sweet saw by today's tech.. had one and let it go and would like to get another before they are hard to find. Saw one today with a 28" bar and full wrap for $1,089.99. Own the 462 and it's sweet also but the 461 is built so well it's hard not to like it.

I'm starting to think that way also. Last best pro carb'd of its class. I certainly did not buy the 500i for any negative reasons of the 461.

Yea I allowed the last one to get away from my dealer that he would receive, but I am one that prefers M-tronic over the carb.

Seems that I was always fussing with the carb on the ms290. With the ms461 my carb tweaking is near zero. The M-tronic on my ms261 is nice, but it is still very new so can't really comment on the M-tronic, other then the idea of it is great.

Seems that I was always fussing with the carb on the ms290. With the ms461 my carb tweaking is near zero. The M-tronic on my ms261 is nice, but it is still very new so can't really comment on the M-tronic, other then the idea of it is great.
MTRONIC is just more potential for problems IMO. With that said for many guys the system is of merit.

Well that was easy. The saw roared to life after 4 pulls and a minute later the bar was buried in a big log. He paid $800, which is what I paid for it back in 2017, here off this site. Guy even bought my 5 year old 24" Forester Platinum bar and two chains with 50% or more of the cutters gone.

Kinda sorry to see it all go, but come spring time it will be forgotten as I start up the 500i for the first time. :rock:

Well that was easy. The saw roared to life after 4 pulls and a minute later the bar was buried in a big log. He paid $800, which is what I paid for it back in 2017, here off this site. Guy even bought my 5 year old 24" Forester Platinum bar and two chains with 50% or more of the cutters gone.

Kinda sorry to see it all go, but come spring time it will be forgotten as I start up the 500i for the first time. :rock:
You are waiting until spring? 😁

Congrats! The dealer should swap out the unused bar and chain. I wanted my 462 with an es light and it was ordered with the es bar. I had him order the light bar and I just paid the difference, the gauge should be the same type of deal.

Congrats! The dealer should swap out the unused bar and chain. I wanted my 462 with an es light and it was ordered with the es bar. I had him order the light bar and I just paid the difference, the gauge should be the same type of deal.

Some do, and some don't. Murdoch's would not budge with swapping a B&C on the ms261C I bought earlier this year. I have been trying to sell the B&C since then. .325/0.063/18"/semi-chisel is of no interest to anybody on craigslist or facebook market place.

Some do, and some don't. Murdoch's would not budge with swapping a B&C on the ms261C I bought earlier this year. I have been trying to sell the B&C since then. .325/0.063/18"/semi-chisel is of no interest to anybody on craigslist or facebook market place.
That stinks, I hope my dealer will let me do the .375/.050/18 on a 261.

Latest posts

Back