i got took this morn bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know come to think of it I have some kind of Echo in my shed. It was my ex brother in laws, and the tank started leaking. It ran good but just never got a new tank. I need to see where that thing is at.

Hmmm, better post up them serial numbers. Sounds fishy.

Happy new year by the way. When the cops show up tomorrow, just tell em you bought it last year.

Hmmm, better post up them serial numbers. Sounds fishy.

Happy new year by the way. When the cops show up tomorrow, just tell em you bought it last year.

They were from his business. They buy a new saw every few months/season. When the chain gets dull and air filters get dirty they throw it in a pile and buy another one. Or they get put away full of **** gas then wont start when needed so get thrown in a pile and replaced.

I go back and forth about ethanol in gas. It pisses me off that I have to pay $20/gal to get fuel with something not added to it but it does open up a lot of cheap saw opportunities that only require simple fuel line/carb fixes.

I dont think throw away/seasonal saws existed before **** gas was forced down our throats.

got a call this morn about a deal from the echo tech that I know,,,i listened to what he had to offer and really got to thinking to myself,,,,,,self,,,,, "you still need to borrow several hundred for her tuiton for the spring semester so why not",,, got the low mileage cs310,,, new extra bar,, new chain on saw,, new extra air filter,, new camo case and a new gallon of bar oil,,, this was his saw,, it has already been MM'd and limiters pulled,, I gave him what the new bar and chain would cost,,, so I got the saw,,case,, bar oil and air filer free,,, I really think I got took bad on this deal don't know if I can sell it for what I have into it:):)View attachment 325226 View attachment 325227
way to help out a friend and get great deal!! i going to buy me one of those saws...happy new year!

Nice! I have a 310 that I absolutely hate. The damned thing starts every time that I need it. What good is that? It gets lugged around in a backpack for trail work. In 3 years of ownership I've yet to work on it.
O
I hate when that happens,,, when a saw starts that easy i just chunk it into the creek

vid is down loading now,,, I got bored and I had to do the vid very carefully,, still don't trust the shoulder yet

Sounds like you did get taken. I really got taken last week when my neighbor dropped these off (for free :)) He did say that he would like the 520 back if I got it running.

5 - CS 310 (1 not pictured)
1 - CS 520
1 - CS 370
1 - Wild Thang

Already got one of the 310s cleaned, muffler modded, and running. Just waiting on a few loops of Woodland Pro 30 LP. Baileys has the tune up kits for the 310s on sale for $13 (from $24) so I ordered 5. Sadly, they canceled 4 and only shipped 1 :(

i-wCS9WVd-L.jpg

i-ZpvwGCx-L.jpg
How much for the one wheel dolly? I need it to go with my one handle post hole digger and 0ne handle wheel barrow!!!!!!:D

I was being real careful with my left should since it has only been 3 weeks since the surgery,,, this little dude runs pretty good,,, I opened up the muffler more and retuned it,, I ended up 1 full turn richer on the high side from what he had it and about 1/2 turn leaner on the low side,,, I think it will make a nice little limbing saw

I was being real careful with my left should since it has only been 3 weeks since the surgery,,, this little dude runs pretty good,,, I opened up the muffler more and retuned it,, I ended up 1 full turn richer on the high side from what he had it and about 1/2 turn leaner on the low side,,, I think it will make a nice little limbing saw

cuts good,sounds good!

well not to shabby,,,, I just sold the saw,,, air filter and a gallon of 7.00 tsc bar oil for 125.00,,, so I ended up with the brand new case (45.00) which will hold my 603 solo,, a new 14" bar (32.00) and the gallon of master mechanic bar oil which is 20 bucks,,,, so I think I came out ahead

Congrats! Seems odd an Echo Tech would take such a low payment for his personal gear.

Maybe because It's an EPA violation with a stiff fine for defeating limiters and he's nervous 'cause his profession is on the line.

Seriously, not trying to be a smart a^^ but do inspectors show up at dealers asking the technicians to go to their home and inspect their personal saws. Then firing them for any infractions? An honest question
smiley-confused013.gif

she can start and run all my saws,, she can run the splitter and she s better at stacking then I am:),,, she is a big help and hard worker

She has to start your saws for you anything longer than 14" hits on the ground being a midget and all and you can't reach the top of the pile so she helps you stack it too:)

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I was wondering why he had such a propensity for shorter bars. He must use 12" for cutting on uneven ground, since he is "vertically challenged".:)

Latest posts

Back