i had to post this.....anyone see a problem with the guys in this video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, this will restore your faith.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B4PAvQ3-Rs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B4PAvQ3-Rs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

RandyMac just laid down the reality of cutting!

But then some have not seen it or know of it!

Just are happy with what they know from there free video that came with there Husqvarna clam shell saw from Home-depot!

The tree was up-rooted and already hung up!
So they did not hang it up in the trees!

Still wondering how you guys think they could-should or how you would have?

The tree was up-rooted and already hung up!
So they did not hang it up in the trees!

Still wondering how you guys think they could-should or how you would have?

REALLY?

how bout

*using a smaller saw, one that he can handle.

*using the saw correctly.

*bucking the tree correctly.

Thats about all, but its 99.9 percent of it. . .

REALLY?

how bout

*using a smaller saw, one that he can handle.

*using the saw correctly.

*bucking the tree correctly.

Thats about all, but its 99.9 percent of it. . .

And what the hell was the need to cut over his head when the butt was on the ground and could have been cut at a level as to where it is controllable. What was the need to cut the long lengths over his head?

That overhead-back-bar "Karate Kid" cut at the beginning made me cringe. BUT THEN I noticed the cable looped around the butt. If they had a winch, why not just yank it out instead of risking life and limb milling around under a hanger?

Oh, and cutting in khakis with no PPE = way to stay classy!

Sometimes I shut my saw off with the chain brake, or trip it when I am cleaning the saw, just to make sure it works. I bet the spring on this saw is worn and weak from repeated use!

I'd like to be a "fly on the wall" when or IF some of you holier than thou's are doing something like this, I'd bet I couldn't drive a rats hair up your asses with a 20lb sledge hammer....

I've never cut a tree over a 36" diameter, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to cut, while I am still pretty new to the mechanics of saws I am not new to cutting. I think Randy's video was phenominal. Those guys had their crap together and were doing a professional job. I did not like the first video at all. There are times when you don't have a choice but to do things a little on the unsafe side, like maybe being in the woods with tons of obstacles or around a house where everything is in the way. Those are times when you may not have a choice, like what Teddyscout is saying. There are other times when you can do it right and should do it right. Those guys could have done a few things better, like cut the tree into smaller sections to keep the saw below their head and it would have been a lot safer with less work. Walking under a tree that is hung up like that may be unavoidable in some situations, but it sure as heck wasn't unavoidable there, what if they hit a rot spot where they had cut? Stuff like that happens every now and again. That is a poor example to be setting to a lot of people out there who think they will learn a thing or two from youtube and will get hurt in the process. They were lucky this time and probably will be in the future, but there will come a time when someone gets hurt out of lack of common sense.

Well I hate to butt in I am going to infer that they tried pulling it and it was to heavy for the winch. Second if I was in this position I would consult the homeowner about removing the tree its hung up in noch it slight backcut and winch it over from the top or tree jack with 10ft of hose

Latest posts

Back