I have $700, what saw..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny3411

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new saw, all set on the 562xp. Where is a good place to pick up a 562xp at a decent price? If a 562xp was a 2015 model is it possible it could have the EL-48 carb? I have also thought about a makita 6421, love the inboard clutch and that its possible to turn into a much bigger cc saw. If you had 700 or bit more in your pocket what would you choose..

Also the jonsered 2260 threw me in a loop as found out that model is a small mount. That is kind of nice for me as I really dont need a bar more than a 20". I could imagine that 2260 with a 18" .325 narrow kerf setup on it for fun..

Minty ms361 with some money left over. Or a ported one with low miles.
I think if I had a mint ported ms361 in my hands it would be hard to let go of. If I could design a 562xp I would start the saw with a inboard clutch and atleast a 47mm bore, and double ringed piston, prefer a 48mm. That would be a nice 562..call it a 562xpw, make it a 65cc or 67cc saw..

We have 560's and 2260's here in Sweden. Performance is very good when the Autotune is working properly but I prefer the older saws as the are easier to work on. You could always go for a nice 10mm 044, plenty of power and throttle response and I like the handling/feel better than my 262. They came out with the 562 over here a couple years back but not many are sold. Most people run tiny bars and are afraid of saws with any serious power. Most common bar lengths are 13 and 15 inches running .325. You have to take a certification course here if you are cutting on anybodys land but your own, instructor runs a 560 with a 15 inch bar and .325. They like to bring up that you can technically cut a 34 inch tree with a 13 inch bar.:confused:

We have 560's and 2260's here in Sweden. Performance is very good when the Autotune is working properly but I prefer the older saws as the are easier to work on. You could always go for a nice 10mm 044, plenty of power and throttle response and I like the handling/feel better than my 262. They came out with the 562 over here a couple years back but not many are sold. Most people run tiny bars and are afraid of saws with any serious power. Most common bar lengths are 13 and 15 inches running .325. You have to take a certification course here if you are cutting on anybodys land but your own, instructor runs a 560 with a 15 inch bar and .325. They like to bring up that you can technically cut a 34 inch tree with a 13 inch bar.:confused:

Sounds Terrible.

Thank You For Sharing.

OP,
There is a MS460 for sale in the adds, along with a MS441.

I'm not sure about the replaced cylinder on the MS460, but if that checked out, & you were successful in lowering the bottom line a touchè, that's my recommendation.

If ya heart is set on a 562/2260.....just get either they are great saws. I also like the idea of a small mount bar on a saw that size. But if you want similar capability and stretch every dollar value wise, a 555 husky (small mount) is worth consideration. Saws are cheap in the States compares to other countries.....hell on Echoes 20% off sale with $700 you could walk out the store with 2 good pro grade saws, a 590 timber wolf & a 355t top handle!! With that setup you would be well prepared to tackle many jobs. But I also get the 'smart way' is not neccesarily what we do when we love saws.

i'm wondering why you need another a saw with such an arsenal?...

Husqvarna 372xpw
Husqvarna 350/346xp
Husqvarna 357xp
Husqvarna 359
Husqvarna 455
Forgot to update that, Ive let go of my 372xpw and my 350/346xp saw.

If ya heart is set on a 562/2260.....just get either they are great saws. I also like the idea of a small mount bar on a saw that size. But if you want similar capability and stretch every dollar value wise, a 555 husky (small mount) is worth consideration. Saws are cheap in the States compares to other countries.....hell on Echoes 20% off sale with $700 you could walk out the store with 2 good pro grade saws, a 590 timber wolf & a 355t top handle!! With that setup you would be well prepared to tackle many jobs. But I also get the 'smart way' is not neccesarily what we do when we love saws.
Thanks for replys guys, lot of good suggestions. And thank you for bringing up the 555, I didnt know that was small mount as well. Alot of good options out there, thats for sure.

That's some seriously nanny state shite right there...thanks government, I can handle it!

What are you cutting? What size bar do you intend to run?
Will be cutting mostly firewood, dead trees, nothing to large in diameter. A lot of maple and pine around here but when I get tri axle loads theres good variety of hard an soft woods. Ive always gotten along with a 18" bar just fine.

Latest posts

Back