I Have The Coolest Garbage Man Ever!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
So my garbage man and I talk a lot. We live in a rural area and have several independent trash collectors and not a municipality. A few weeks ago he said he had noticed the wood shed and we got onto the subject of saws. So today he rolls in with a poulan model 54 bow saw. Huge, old and heavy, but really clean. I put some gas in the tank and it fires up. Also pulls out a minty 031AV that has been robbed of a few parts, but looks in A1 shape. Muffler is missing and P&C look spotless and it seems to have good compression, but the recoil is gone so I cant test it. Hands them to me and says "here ya go, and I have another 031 ill bring you next week with the key sheared off but its all there." :) Do I have the coolest garbage man or what??? The 031 needs a muffler, recoil, bar studs and sprocket cover. Did I mention my garbage man is cooler than your garbage man?? Cause he is!!

Hot damn, that's one cool garbage man. Can he come round mine one day? All mine do is let the bags bust and let bits out all over the place.

$$$

how much $$$ did you tip him for christmas?:)
i have found that there is a direct effect on service when considering tips.

you got a good deal going there!
:cheers:

And just think.....

And just think.....I just canceled my garbage pickup to save money!

On another thought....I've never talked to him either! Oh well....

Maybe the farmer down the road....might have something interesting tucked away some where??

Dan :chainsaw:

Is he busting the bags with a ch.....

Hot damn, that's one cool garbage man. Can he come round mine one day? All mine do is let the bags bust and let bits out all over the place.

Is he busting the bags with a chainsaw? Wood* that make it better?

:greenchainsaw:

*....I do know how to spell would!

Last edited:
Wow all that and a meals on wheels rig too.

ha the local garbage picker-uppers wont pick ours up...apparently they dont like garbage that smells like barn/cow crap and alot of it at that too LOL (live on a dairy farm). we havent had garbage picked up in YEARS lol

Anybody have a manual for the 031 they care to send me? I am going to try to disassemble it today and get it ready for parts. Thanks in advance, Wiggs

the only time I've ever talked to my garbage man (in this town) was when I had cleaned out my barn to make room for my saws and gear and dumped about 150 50 yr old mason jars full of random rotten preserves in the can. All I did was step out on the steps in my pjs and yell "SORRY DUDE".

He just smiled, pinched his nose, and hopped back on the truck.

the only time I've ever talked to my garbage man (in this town) was when I had cleaned out my barn to make room for my saws and gear and dumped about 150 50 yr old mason jars full of random rotten preserves in the can. All I did was step out on the steps in my pjs and yell "SORRY DUDE".

He just smiled, pinched his nose, and hopped back on the truck.

Was that before or after he dumped the can?:lifter:

Anybody have a manual for the 031 they care to send me? I am going to try to disassemble it today and get it ready for parts. Thanks in advance, Wiggs

Hello,Im new to this site so I not sure what I'm doin but I got a manual from Stihlboy yesterday ,if u dont have one send me ur e-mail address and I'll send u the one he sent me [email protected] Thanks Duke

I will try my hand at pics in the morning. I ran it a little today, WOW is all I have to say. It takes some muscle to just pick the thing up. I bet it weighs 30 pounds.

Latest posts

Back