i have to B*** about my dealer for a sec

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I am sans gall bladder therefore I must be ever so careful as to the food I ingest for fear of making a Jackson Pollack painting in my britches.

Pepsi on a keyboard is bad...
So I'll stop now before you really get rollin'...

Muh stomach hurts.....
:spam:

Pepsi on a keyboard is bad...
So I'll stop now before you really get rollin'...

Muh stomach hurts.....
:spam:

I am really sorry for that. I know how bad that carbonation burns the sensitive nasal tissue.

I was just taking this thread for a ride on the "lighten up" train.

Hopefully you aren't gonna have an "accident".

I am really sorry for that. I know how bad that carbonation burns the sensitive nasal tissue.

I was just taking this thread for a ride on the "lighten up" train.

Hopefully you aren't gonna have an "accident".

Fortunately, no...
Still have the gall bladder...

And ate tater soup for lunch...

I have learned a lot over the years and one of the things I learned is that when I'm spending my money on something, I want what I want or I want it done the way I want it done.

Example, when I built my house I thought I wanted a furnace in the crawl space as it was unused space and it could be centrally mounted for good even air flow to all the rooms in my house.

Well they all said I didn't really want a furnace in the crawl space as it would be hard to service etc. I said I didn't care, I didn't intend to service it, that who ever put it in would be the one fixing it so he better do it right the first time if he didn't want to crawl back under it.

I gave in and now I have a furnace in a closet taking up space in my garage, I got crappy air flow, more noise and I have not ever needed service on it either.

You know who's to blame? The contractor for talking me into something other then what I wanted and myself for letting them do it.

If I would have found it to be not good to have the furnace in the crawl space I would only have myself to blame but that's ok as I would have gotten what I wanted and what I paid for. I would have also learned from my own mistake.

This is the reason for the OP problems. Even after his research he didn't want the Sthil, he wanted the Echo.

He settled for the Stihl against his better judgment, he's got a grudge against it, he's never going to like it and now he's paying the price for it.

It don't matter if the Stihl is better or worse then the Echo, he should have gotten what he wanted as he was the one who was paying for it and would have to live with his decision, not someone elses.

IMHO, there's a lot more to it than just break-in. This same saw that is said to require a lot of break-in, can be taken brand new right out of the box, and with just a few minutes of mods, will out perform your well broken in 200T. I'm talking excellent throttle response as well.

How do these mods affect the warranty on a brand new saw?

They make it null and void...
Pffffttt...
Like we care...
:msp_biggrin:

On one hand there is a Stihl mechanic telling people to give them more break-in time and they will be happier and still have a warranty (as short as it may be).

On the other hand there is a guy telling them to mod a brand new, $600 saw and if it has a faulty crank bearing, but they are SOL because they had it modded before it was out of warranty.

And on the other hand you have people that are independently wealthy and don't care about a warranty. :D

On one hand there is a Stihl mechanic telling people to give them more break-in time and they will be happier and still have a warranty (as short as it may be).

On the other hand there is a guy telling them to mod a brand new, $600 saw and if it has a faulty crank bearing, but they are SOL because they had it modded before it was out of warranty.

And on the other hand you have people that are independently wealthy and don't care about a warranty. :D

Uh.... Yes....

But I have an agenda...
So you need to take this into consideration...
That, and...
Stihl techs and I don't always see eye to eye...
They have an agenda...
:msp_wink:

Its been a proven fact saws run better with one crank bearing anyways........

Are you posting this for the good of the community, or do you have something to gain from this?

Your sig line looks awfully sparse, though your new location makes me laugh. In fact I had some tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard.

My agenda is lacking conviction at this point, what chance do I have of getting some conviction?

Howdy,
I would think things like the degree of hone to the cylinder, hardness of the rings, Kinetic-friction (synthetic vs. petroleum mix oil) would all contribute to the time needed to seat the rings. I don't get how having a fresh air charge would change the break in time.
Regards
Gregg

The current theory being put forth is a slight cooling effect on the wearable materials, and perhaps on the fuel charge as well from the overlay. It has been mentioned a few times on this site and locally in the shop dialog.

201s were not well respected locally at first but have gained quite a bit of positive feedback. Biggest current gripe seems to be the overall fragile nature of the AV systems.

Bashing The Dealer?

I have to laugh when people start bashing the DEALER..They talked me into buying this piece of junk...They told me this.. they told me that..
I run into it everyday in the business that i'm in..All i can do is try to educate a customer the best i can.. The customer has to do there part and measure all the pros and cons and make there own decision..
Don't blame the dealer because you Make a poor decision..if you manage everything in your life by making your decisions based off of one persons view point, I'm sure you have bigger problems in life than just chainsaws

A good way to look at it is when someone goes shopping for a vehicle, but they don't really know what they want then end up buying something they hate (dam dealer)or just waste the whole day wondering around car lots not knowing what there looking for.
When i go to buy a new truck i already have a management plan (criteria) (based on my needs/budget)
New Truck: White-V-8-4 wheel drive-crew cab-Ford-3/4 ton-leather interior- tow pkg-auto trans-under 40k/miles-under $30k-ETC.
Bottom line is you should have already done your homework by the time you get to the dealer, Unless your just there to collect info so you can make a decision later. allot of people are always to quick to blame the dealer for there poor decisions (just my 2 cents)

In referance to bashing the dealer...I am familiar with the OP's dealer where he purchased the saw.
Now I'm not going to bash the dealer at all...matter of fact they are a very good shop...the first place I go when I need mower parts.
While they do carry Husqvarna and Echo, they push Stihl and they sell a lot of MS250's. Because they are a full service dealer they will sell you a 660 they have in stock , or order you an 880 if thats what you want... but it aint going out the door with more than a 24" bar. (liability reasons)

When it comes to the pro grade equipment I reccomend buying commercial grade mowing equipment from a top notch professional mower shop.
Same holds true for saws that you depend on to make you money...buy them from a saw shop.

Because they are a full service dealer they will sell you a 660 they have in stock , or order you an 880 if thats what you want... but it aint going out the door with more than a 24" bar. (liability reasons)

Is that the dealer's idea? They're afraid of liability if they put a longer bar on the saw? Even if it's within Stihl specs?

That's not the most ridiculous thing I've heard about dealer rules...but it's close.

Latest posts

Back