i have to B*** about my dealer for a sec

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that is that particular dealers policy.
I inquired for a price on a 28" large mount Husky bar last year while ordering some parts, salesperson told me they wont order or sell anything larger than 24".
Then I had to explain to her what a rim sprocket is...and point it out on the microfische.:msp_unsure:

Given the dealers demographics, and the amount of homeowner level saws they sell...its probably a sound business practice.:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh, I imagine they would make an exception if someone was serious about buying a new $1200+ saw...but it's not something they stock.

trx250r180
24 inch bars scare me

Trust me...if you witnessed some of Darwin candidates around here...you'd be afraid of a kitchen saw.:laugh:

I have to laugh when people start bashing the DEALER..They talked me into buying this piece of junk...They told me this.. they told me that..
I run into it everyday in the business that i'm in..All i can do is try to educate a customer the best i can.. The customer has to do there part and measure all the pros and cons and make there own decision..
Don't blame the dealer because you Make a poor decision..if you manage everything in your life by making your decisions based off of one persons view point, I'm sure you have bigger problems in life than just chainsaws

A good way to look at it is when someone goes shopping for a vehicle, but they don't really know what they want then end up buying something they hate (dam dealer)or just waste the whole day wondering around car lots not knowing what there looking for.
When i go to buy a new truck i already have a management plan (criteria) (based on my needs/budget)
New Truck: White-V-8-4 wheel drive-crew cab-Ford-3/4 ton-leather interior- tow pkg-auto trans-under 40k/miles-under $30k-ETC.
Bottom line is you should have already done your homework by the time you get to the dealer, Unless your just there to collect info so you can make a decision later. allot of people are always to quick to blame the dealer for there poor decisions (just my 2 cents)

I'm not bashing the dealer for my saw purchase I'm bashing him for not knowing his own equipment. I went in for a saw and I came out with one, he got me to spend a little more than planned but ok and after some adjustments it is running better. But how do u sell saws for a living and don't even know what file fits a 3/8 chain? You'd think the second time he might atleast ask a tech. To me that just shows he doesn't know his equipment and is only pushing it because " all the big outfits use them."
Like shockman I've used them for my mowers and all was well but buying a saw from them was a frustrating experience. I don't think I mentioned that he was trying to push the 192 on me because I'm not a big outfit. I don't appreciate being judged and because I'm not big doesn't mean I'm cutting down baby trees.

since this thread is about "boast" about dealers ,id like to thank my dealer for going out of their way to get me a while back for the first ms461 up in my area ,they took the time to make a lot of calls before they even knew about them being available , and were not in their computer system for ordering yet ,and made it happen for me "kudos to you " my local dealer :cheers:

I have to laugh when people start bashing the DEALER..They talked me into buying this piece of junk...They told me this.. they told me that..
I run into it everyday in the business that i'm in..All i can do is try to educate a customer the best i can.. The customer has to do there part and measure all the pros and cons and make there own decision..
Don't blame the dealer because you Make a poor decision..if you manage everything in your life by making your decisions based off of one persons view point, I'm sure you have bigger problems in life than just chainsaws

A good way to look at it is when someone goes shopping for a vehicle, but they don't really know what they want then end up buying something they hate (dam dealer)or just waste the whole day wondering around car lots not knowing what there looking for.
When i go to buy a new truck i already have a management plan (criteria) (based on my needs/budget)
New Truck: White-V-8-4 wheel drive-crew cab-Ford-3/4 ton-leather interior- tow pkg-auto trans-under 40k/miles-under $30k-ETC.
Bottom line is you should have already done your homework by the time you get to the dealer, Unless your just there to collect info so you can make a decision later. allot of people are always to quick to blame the dealer for there poor decisions (just my 2 cents)
Know exactly what you want and why you want it before you go through the door and stick to it.If the guy tries to talk you into something else ask him if you want it to be his fault your not happy down the road or yours.

24 inch bars scare me :cool2:

Biker Bars scare me.:msp_ohmy:

Originally Posted by Jon1212
I am really sorry for that. I know how bad that carbonation burns the sensitive nasal tissue.
I was just taking this thread for a ride on the "lighten up" train.

MY GOD MAN, WE ARE TALKING CHAINSAWS......THERE IS NO PLACE HERE FOR YOUR FRIVOLITY:msp_mad:

Biker Bars scare me.:msp_ohmy:

Originally Posted by Jon1212
I am really sorry for that. I know how bad that carbonation burns the sensitive nasal tissue.
I was just taking this thread for a ride on the "lighten up" train.

MY GOD MAN, WE ARE TALKING CHAINSAWS......THERE IS NO PLACE HERE FOR YOUR FRIVOLITY:msp_mad:

The Blue Oyster is not a biker bar, don't let the leather fool you.

Back