I hope we're half way tru winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still have about 7 cords left....it's gonna be close...
feb. is predicted to be a little warmer than average,,,,ya know, all that global warming stuff !!

still have about 7 cords left....it's gonna be close...
feb. is predicted to be a little warmer than average,,,,ya know, all that global warming stuff !!
I sure hope so cause i've burned a bunch last few days.
Got plenty of green.never shoud have sold that 4 cords.

furnace is eating wood like a fat kid to chocolate cake!!! I wished global warning would hurry up in Indiana...we've used about 1/3 of what I have worked up and over half of what I thought I'd need...really thought I'd have some savings come spring but it's looking bad.

3/4 of 12+ cord pile left. I finally have a stockpile pile of well seasoned wood(mostly ash) after burning a lot of crap for a couple of years. Next project is to get the wood shed built and my stove moved in.

Last year someone wrote that Feb 3rd it the half way mark for buring wood. I burned more wood that I thought I should have but I'll have enough. I think the damp fall and high winds had a lot to do with it. I have next years wood cut but that's 35 miles from here and out in the wood so no one can get at it.. Not even me..... :sweat:

If I averaged it out, I've been either scrounging or maul splitting every two days since this time last winter. I've given away roughly 12 cords or so to friend, and continue to have so much for myself that I overfill my stove and crack windows just to get rid of it so I can get more. In other words running out of seasoned wood aint gonna happen.

I should have cut twice of what I did. I'm going to have to find a place to cut. The place I was cutting would take a skidsteer to get in with this much snow! I think at least 5 pickup loads would do me.

Badly. First year here, and first year for myself heating with wood. Also keeping my dad's house warm from the same piles (his gear, my back, good deal). We have maybe 10 cords laying around, but more than half isn't dry enough to burn well, if at all. Most of what I've burned so far hasn't been properly seasoned, just 'good enough'. Some fast-drying poplar for the early spring stacked already. Also just pulled a dead red oak out of the woods, cracked to the center -- another cord of some ready-to-go wood. I want to be 2 years ahead, but I need alot of wood to get there.

I need to hijack a logging truck :sinister:

because i've used close too 1/2 my seasoned wood.Hows evryone else doing?

I been watching the weather channel lately on account of the 24" snow we just got. Looks mighty cold down your way compared to what you usually can expect. Must be tough planning with those sorts of variables. Up here in nh, we just plain old know it's going to be below freezing 4 months of the year.

If I had armadillos running around my yard, I'd reckon to get off easy by my standards. Maybe armadillo shells season quick and burn good?

I've smoked thru a load of wood in December here in the OWB, colder than normal this year. I still got another 6 full cord of seasoned wood ready, but I'm pullin more standing dead and blowdowns out of the woods for backup!

I been watching the weather channel lately on account of the 24" snow we just got. Looks mighty cold down your way compared to what you usually can expect. Must be tough planning with those sorts of variables. Up here in nh, we just plain old know it's going to be below freezing 4 months of the year.

If I had armadillos running around my yard, I'd reckon to get off easy by my standards. Maybe armadillo shells season quick and burn good?
If I have too burn it before spring I have over a cord of sweet gum cut last summer that is used for hot water during the summer mos.Can allways cut more,it seasons a lot faster than most woods.Don't get a very long burn time out of it tho.Especially this kinda weather.

Latest posts

Back