I know what is wrong with the saw, do you???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen it before so I have to ask cause you said the bearings were tight on the crank so did it pull the other bearing with it, might want to check the bearing fit on the flywheel side also. ;) :cheers:

My WAG (Wise Accurate Guess) is that the clip and washer came off and the chain was holding the whole thing on.

Mr. HE:cool:

Now that's good, I gotta rep ya for that. JR

Bama thanks for doing this, made me think, and I learned something.

Last edited:
Loose races

Hey bama, I just got back from a few days at camp so am just catching up.
I have/had a 49sp and also a 52 that did the same thing. With the cyl off you can push the crank to the left and right about 3/32" and watch the bearings and races move together in both of the cases. The 52 came as a parts saw but the 49 I bought brand new (1977) and have never had the case apart. Both of these cranks spun freely and quietly just took out the seals moving around so much. Never seen it on 621 though but it's doing the same thing. Glad Eric figured it out. Good tread!!:cheers::cheers:

I've seen it before so I have to ask cause you said the bearings were tight on the crank so did it pull the other bearing with it, might want to check the bearing fit on the flywheel side also. ;) :cheers:

Yep. BOTH bearings move in and out. Logic says that is what had to happen if the bearings were tight on the crank. Fun, fun, fun....

Hey Man, Why you go by Bama when your way up there in Mn.? Did you once live down here in the Cotton state where I'm at? I was hoeing cucoburs out of the cotton all day today for two dollars an hour. Them farm wages are hell. If you have done this before then you deserve to go by Bama other wise your Minnesota. Also if you know who Paul Bear Bryant is then you may have a shot.To be an Alabamian you must own 30 guns minimum and be deadly with all of them.Even if you own a Browning Citori Over and under shotgun you must not let it sit on the shelf and look purty and just take it down and show it to your friends every once and a while. You must take that $2,000.00 shotgun hunting a whole lot and let it get as scratched up as it has to and not worry about it. Dynamite isn't required but is a plus. Also, the more knives you own and I mean good hunting knives along with your gun numbers plus how scratched up your expensive guns are is a serious status symbol down here.This ranks above how wealthy a man is. This is a true Yellow Hammer State Alabamian.

Last edited:
Hey Man, Why you go by Bama when your way up there in Mn.? Did you once live down here in the Cotton state where I'm at? I was hoeing cucoburs out of the cotton all day today for two dollars an hour. Them farm wages are hell. If you have done this before then you deserve to go by Bama other wise your Minnesota. Also if you know who Paul Bear Bryant is then you may have a shot.To be an Alabamian you must own 30 guns minimum and be deadly with all of them.Even if you own a Browning Citori Over and under shotgun you must not let it sit on the shelf and look purty and just take it down and show it to your friends every once and a while. You must take that $2,000.00 shotgun hunting a whole lot and let it get as scratched up as it has to and not worry about it. Dynamite isn't required but is a plus. Also, the more knives you own and I mean good hunting knives along with your gun numbers plus how scratched up your expensive guns are is a serious status symbol down here.This ranks above how wealthy a man is. This is a true Yellow Hammer State Alabamian.

Brad, Ann, Michael, Adam = BAMA

No offense meant to Alabamians, but we use this for our e-mail, too. First name of everyone in our family.:cheers:

Don't have that many guns, but do know how to road hunt(not that I ever have). My father has over 60 guns so that should rub off on me.

I lost this thread....

Man, I lost this thread. Yeah Bama your alright then since the family is the reason your going by my home state's name.That makes sense and worked out good for you. And since your dad has sixty guns then I will consider half of them yours so your getting real close to being the real deal.Now if you have used a hoe on any kind of weed what so ever then that will help and if you have some dynamite and have the balls to light the fuse and throw it, heck you may as well be a bamaian. To heck with the knives if that's the case and you don't need to know who Paul Bear Bryant is either. I will tell you though. He is deceased now but He was the football coach at The University of Alabama and he was the won the most games and had the best record of wins to looses up until recently. He coached Joe Namath, Johny Unitus to name a few that went on to be well known pro ball players. When he was coaching that team the whole country hated to hear they had to play Bama in a bowl game. He won a bunch of National championships but I don't know how many because I'm an Auburn fan and grew up in that town down here. We whipped his ass every now and then. And yeah, scratched up saws, old all go no show 4wd trucks scratched and muddy was once our way and is still mine but all of the young bucks are now fixing the 4wd trucks up,jacking em up, putting huge tires on em and painting them up rail purty and won't take em off road. Take care, FullCry

Latest posts

Back