i might be doing a bone head move here so flame me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody for AMSoil? Maybe its a regional preference but thats all i use. I have worked with all varieties of OPE for the last 20 years at golf courses and on my own and both high end courses i worked at run amsoil saber in all air cooled 2stroke stuff (including chainsaws) at 80:1 with no problems and only one weedeater that died due to a clogged fuel filter and a brainless operator that continued to run it lean and restart until it finally died. I will say none of the saws are modded in any way and that certainly makes a difference. If ported and all that then yes, run 50:1 or lower ratio, but for a stock saw i see no reason to go buy high quality oil and mix at 32:1 or 40:1. I have dozens of tanks of fuel through my 340 and it has been all with amsoil at 70:1. P+c look brand new. very little carbon, 4strokes at a respectable rpm. i dont see the problem

The echo power blend x is like $8 for 16oz bottle at home depot. I love this oil.

Measures easy with the pre measured squeeze bottle. Why do you guys buy the small individual use bottles at such a premium?

The echo power blend x is like $8 for 16oz bottle at home depot. I love this oil.

Measures easy with the pre measured squeeze bottle. Why do you guys buy the small individual use bottles at such a premium?
Be careful with those squeeze bottles. IMO they are inaccurate.

Im sorry but i just tested my squeeze bottle, it is accurate. I don't really see how one could be otherwise unless it was damaged in some way.

It's information like in this thread that gets me frustrated. Maybe it's my military background and doing what the manual says. If the manual says (recommends) to use a certain ratio (50:1) in both my Stihl and Echo tools, why wouldn't that be the proper amount? Same with the damn ethanol vs non-ethanol.

My truck (2010 Ram 1500) manual recommends 89 Octane with no more than 10% ethanol. So guess what? That's what I use!

Just change the damn manual for those of us who trust what the manual for a product recommends! Sheesh.

It's information like in this thread that gets me frustrated. Maybe it's my military background and doing what the manual says. If the manual says (recommends) to use a certain ratio (50:1) in both my Stihl and Echo tools, why wouldn't that be the proper amount? Same with the damn ethanol vs non-ethanol.

My truck (2010 Ram 1500) manual recommends 89 Octane with no more than 10% ethanol. So guess what? That's what I use!

Just change the damn manual for those of us who trust what the manual for a product recommends! Sheesh.

EPA Regs Vs. manufacturers and engineers designs.
Why does Chevy sell the Volt when it costs $100,000 each to manufacture and yet they sell it for $50k...

Govt Regs

Hey Y'all-

Finally getting to the firewood this year, so I found this oil thread since I just made up my premix.

Ever wondered why Stihl Ultra is jaso FB rather than FD?
FB, FC, and FD refer to standards of smoke, lubricity, deposits, and detergency
jaso M340, M341,M342,M343
http://lubrizol.com/MCEO/Spec-Check/JASO-M345-Two-Stroke.html

Stihl Ultra is does not meet the smoke requirement (M342 test), but passes all the other 3 tests (for jaso FD, but can't state that).

Just some trivia . I have resisted buying any new oil this year.
my 2 cycle fuel recipe:
93 octane no ethanol - 1 gallon
+ Motul 800 - 6 ounces
+ Blendzall 455 ultra - 0.5 ounce
----------------------------
= 20:1 - no deposits plus smells good.

Hey Y'all-

Finally getting to the firewood this year, so I found this oil thread since I just made up my premix.

Ever wondered why Stihl Ultra is jaso FB rather than FD?
FB, FC, and FD refer to standards of smoke, lubricity, deposits, and detergency
jaso M340, M341,M342,M343
http://lubrizol.com/MCEO/Spec-Check/JASO-M345-Two-Stroke.html

Stihl Ultra is does not meet the smoke requirement (M342 test), but passes all the other 3 tests (for jaso FD, but can't state that).

Just some trivia . I have resisted buying any new oil this year.
my 2 cycle fuel recipe:
93 octane no ethanol - 1 gallon
+ Motul 800 - 6 ounces
+ Blendzall 455 ultra - 0.5 ounce
----------------------------
= 20:1 - no deposits plus smells good.
Where did you find the individual test results? I searched & can't find anything. There's quite a bit of difference between FB & FD.

I'm curious. What does the manual for a new 372 recommend in say Australia, or perhaps the Asian market? I've read on here somewhere that they recommend much richer than our EPA mandated 50:1.

image.jpg

Edit: from the Husqvarna Aus website OM.

Back