I need a new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskydave

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok well, hmm Ive been very busy lol. I'm getting married and I have a baby on the way so... my Father in law loves the 575xp and 576xp but im thinking I need a big saw, or a small screemer, I really miss that 50cc Stihl 260 pro that I modded for next to nothing but sold and tripled my money on that one, so should I buy a 50cc screamer or an 90+cc saw. I guess I should elarobrate, We cut mostly hardwood maple, oak my 372xp still does the job and she wears a 28" bar half of the time but I miss my old Stilh 066 and the Stihl 056 that I gave to my buddy. I think a saw shop wedding regisrty would be a good idea. I guess Im in the same position, I can't afford a new saw but which one would you build? Ohh by the way te way my father in law treats his saws very poorly,9 I can recomend the 575xp or the 576xp for heavy abuse. those saws sit in the back of the pickup truck every night. They don't get any attention, they just get beat on day in and day out, we had some fuel filters freeze from gas with water in them early this year and a recoil problem but they have been beat hard and still run well and no issues yet, they have many many many hours on them.

If it's not over 100 cc then you are looking at small saws:hmm3grin2orange:

I can't tell you what saw you need, but that chainsaw gift registry is pure genius! :clap:

For the wood size I usually cut, I'd go with a 346XP or MS261 to accompany a 70cc saw, and the third saw would be a 90+cc beastie.

However, you may run into much larger trees that what's commonly found in my region, so the 90cc saw might be the next saw for you.

I miss my old Stilh 066 and the Stihl 056 that I gave to my buddy.

What!?!?!? You GAVE away an 066 and an 056?? :dizzy:

I recommend you buy a NEW 3120xp and let me know when you give it away...42" bar will suffice. :biggrinbounce2:

Back