I probably Paid too much for this Pioneer Farmsaw 65cc but I couldn't resist it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I paid $110 for this saw at a garage sale.

I don't even know if it runs yet but the pics show the way I got it. It came with the owner's manual, IPL, brochure, scrench, a new file, and a new Pioneer chain (1983). Looks like he paid around $479 less 10% as written in the dealers brochure.
The Pioneer chain that's on the saw looks virtually new.

It looks to be around 1983 vintage.

The manual says 24:1 fuel mix. Do you guys run a different mixture with the new synthetic 2 stroke oils?

I'm loving this thing before I even run it.

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

That is a great looking saw. Doesn't look like it's seen much wood.

doesnt look like much fun, no work involved. huhhhmm. Christ !a bute. got mine by the pound ($30)though. how bout hookin up some manual pics?

You didn`t pay too much for that saw, I have paid 3 times that for some of the ones I have bought and they are not many around in the general population in that nice of shape anymore. Good on ya for rescueing it.

Nice. Cleanest one I've seen for a long time. I'd give $110 for one that nice.:clap:

It looks to be around 1983 vintage.

The manual says 24:1 fuel mix. Do you guys run a different mixture with the new synthetic 2 stroke oils?

FWIW I run my 1971 Suzuki air cooled snowmobile at 40:1 instead of the recommended 15:1 and it seems perfectly happy. Oils have come a long way over time probably even since 1983.

Took a video of the Farmsaw in a cut

Well, the chain isn't the sharpest but i had to mix some fuel and give her a try.
Learned a couple of lessons. Don't fire it up in the garage if the engine was fogged. Took me 5 minutes to find my way out. The muffler is in a different spot. Kind of hot on the inside of the wrist.
When I get some time (mother's day tomorrow) I'll sharpen the chain, figure out the oiler and tune it.
By the way, he had it stored in the original carton.
I like this old saw.

Latest posts

Back