I probably Paid too much for this Pioneer Farmsaw 65cc but I couldn't resist it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice saw - well done :)

Any 2T EGD rated oil at 40:1 ought to work fine. Wouldn't go any leaner, but new oils are nice and motors seem to like them. I got 1960's saws running on 40:1 with good quality modern oils and they are happy all day.

I like Motul 710 or something very close. Lucas has a pretty nice 2T EGD rated oil that won't break the bank, and it's available at most chain auto parts stores in 1 qt bottles.

Since that motor is likely as nice as the whole saw, I'd baby it a bit until it had a few hundred hours on it :)

Any 2T EGD rated oil at 40:1 ought to work fine. Wouldn't go any leaner, but new oils are nice and motors seem to like them. I got 1960's saws running on 40:1 with good quality modern oils and they are happy all day.

I like Motul 710 or something very close. Lucas has a pretty nice 2T EGD rated oil that won't break the bank, and it's available at most chain auto parts stores in 1 qt bottles.

Since that motor is likely as nice as the whole saw, I'd baby it a bit until it had a few hundred hours on it :)

Thanks!

It is and I will baby this for as long as I own it.

Latest posts

Back