I thing I got scammed buying a used husky xpg562

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llkale

Reaction score
Hi
i just bought a used xpg 562 on craigslist for 600cnd (463usd). Was it a fair price? It looks in fine condition at first sight but back home I noticed the muffler is smashed. Should I care and confront the guy? I know where he lives. Can a damaged muffler break something else inside the chainsaw? I never used a chainsaw before, my brother told me it was a decent saw. Is it true?thanks IMG_2065.jpg IMG_2064.jpg IMG_2063.jpg IMG_2062.jpg IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2059.jpg IMG_2059.jpg

Confront the guy?! You went there, looked at it, handed him the money, and bought it, right? If so, then the deal is done and if you guessed wrong or didn't know what you were looking at, that's 100% on you.

In response to the chainsaw question you asked, a dented muffler is generally a non-issue. Use any saw long enough and the muffler is going to take a hit. Most of them are just empty tin cans, really, so a dent here or there isn't going to make a difference one way or the next so long as the outlet is still open.

Confront the guy?! You went there, looked at it, handed him the money, and bought it, right? If so, then the deal is done and if you guessed wrong or didn't know what you were looking at, that's 100% on you.

In response to the chainsaw question you asked, a dented muffler is generally a non-issue. Use any saw long enough and the muffler is going to take a hit. Most of them are just empty tin cans, really, so a dent here or there isn't going to make a difference one way or the next so long as the outlet is still open.
I thought not revealing a known problem with something you sell was a scam or at least very dishonest.

I thought not revealing a known problem with something you sell was a scam or at least very dishonest.
How do you know that the dent was a known problem? You didn't notice it until after you bought it.
It was your responsibility to inspect prior to purchasing. A honest seller will represent the item to the best of his ability. He is not obligated to accept liability for your failure to inspect. The price you paid is fair. I paid $454 for a used 562xp 6 months ago. The dented muffler is no big deal.
Going forward, if your failure to perform due diligent prior to purchasing an item is going to be a problem, you may be better buying new from large retailers that have a liberal return policy.

Hardly the definition of smashed. That is a ding. Run it and don't worry about the little dent. Lots of saws get dents on mufflers when people horse them around a bit. It could have been dents evening went it wasn't being used as in something else got pushed into it sitting in a truck etc.

Sent from somewhere

You inspected saw & handed over $$. It is not a significant misrepresentation of the saw at all, you actually did a good deal....its an xpg for forks sake! Calling the seller a scammer or dishonest is no excuse for you not knowing what your doing. By the sounds of things had you met a real scammer, you'd have been done a beauty! Your lucky he was NOT!

The price is right. All that saw need, is a good clean and start to use it
When I clean my saws I use Skid penetration oil and wipe it of...
That type of saw is a very good saw and have a great reputation.
Enjoy it and don't worry for that dent in the muffler. You may do some more...LOL
Should look like this after you finish to clean...This one is 4 years old.

1jvpc2.jpg

You weren't "scammed": the damage is merely cosmetic, something to be expected if you buy a used saw.
You got a lot of saw for a more than fair price (I am actually envious: here it would go for far far more money), a saw with great performances and a good reputation. Apart from slight battle damage (who hasn't done it or worse? Don't lie! ;) ) it looks in great shape.
Just get cutting with it. You won't regret the purchase.

I think you are right and that muffler is trashed. I would try and unload that thing as fast as i could. If you can get half your money back you will be lucky. Pm me your paypal address and i will take it off your hands. :)

It would depend heavily on whether it was a latent defect or one that is open and obvious in nature. Generally, sales of used consumer goods are sold as-is, caveat emptor, without warranty expressed or implied. Physical damage that is ascertainable without having to dissemble the saw is not a latent defect, to the extent it is a defect at all.

Latest posts

Back