If AOD bought a Stihl.................

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have a Stihl, two of them in fact, and both of them are in pieces, while my Huskies keep rockin day in and day out.

I already have a Stihl, two of them in fact, and both of them are in pieces, while my Huskies keep rockin day in and day out.

What stihls are they? Are they a pro stihl? Did you run them into their grave? Did some idiot before you not take care of them? I'm sure I could buy a box of Husky parts too but I would not say they were a saw when they were junk and in a puzzle when I got them.:popcorn:

What stihls are they? Are they a pro stihl? Did you run them into their grave? Did some idiot before you not take care of them? I'm sure I could buy a box of Husky parts too but I would not say they were a saw when they were junk and in a puzzle when I got them.:popcorn:

I have an 031 and a 460. The 031 is in decent shape but needs the condenser replaced and I have had a heck of a time with it. The 460 belonged to a tree service and is a basketcase, It was a parts saw before I got it, so it needs a lot of odds and ends.

Like #1 FORD, #2 Dodge, #3 Chevy, they all run. (Some just better than others):spam:

I have an 031 and a 460. The 031 is in decent shape but needs the condenser replaced and I have had a heck of a time with it. The 460 belonged to a tree service and is a basketcase, It was a parts saw before I got it, so it needs a lot of odds and ends.

Well sell 'em! I've got this pos husky 55 and hope its gone soon, waiting on a member to tell me what Stihls he can get to trade.:clap:

The 031 is slated to go to my old man when I get it running good. The 460 is my pet project. I also have an 031 carcass that another AS member has spoken for. What do you want for the 55?

The 031 is slated to go to my old man when I get it running good. The 460 is my pet project. I also have an 031 carcass that another AS member has spoken for. What do you want for the 55?

FredMC is going to get back with me, then another member is in line. If they fall through, I'll let ya know. I rather have a Stihl any day of the week.:chainsaw:

FredMC is going to get back with me, then another member is in line. If they fall through, I'll let ya know. I rather have a Stihl any day of the week.:chainsaw:

No biggie. I need another saw like I need a hole in my head. It'd be nice to have a matched pair of 55's to strike fear into the hearts of any 026 that dares cross my path.

Ever ran an 011? they suck too. I only have it because it used to belong to my wife's deceased father. I really should put it away.

I to would rather have a Stihl any day of the week but prefer to have one only on Sunday's. I could preach to the choir on Sunday's about how Stihl's really aren't manufactured but come down from heaven for us to take care of and polish to sit on our tailgate. The rest of the week are work days and those require a saw that has the abilities of a sled dog. One that can be your best friend, never let you down and put the money on the table. Orange saws rule once you have the courage to go to the dark side!:deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back