If you are running solo or with one parttime help, how much do you bring home at the end of the day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who have replied so far, are you considering tax money, insurance (workers' comp), gas, etc into your "take home"? We look pretty good on paper until we have to set aside 1/3 of our money for taxes and premiums. End up taking home around $2-400 actual profit at the end of the day (running 1-2 part-time guys)

I normally factor in every expense I can think of. But I'll deduct an entire bill out of a job. Example: Friday the job was $2200. I had $679 in labor, $95 in fuel, $290 in fines (got pulled over lol) and $898 in vehicle registrations. So I made $238.00 in 17 hours. I could add the registration to the annual expense but then that number would be devastatingly overwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For me, take hoe means exactly that. What I take home at the end of day. Then insurance, taxes, fuel etc are then paid out of the pool at the end of year or when I go to the gas station. Still, one effeciant solo operator should still b able to absolutely net more than 500.

Yes. That and a bucket truck were in my sight for many years. Just got the lift two month ago because I want to let my legs last longer. Just can't justify a large chipper yet. The 6 inch vermeer serves me very well. No matter how much I cut in a day I always take lass then an hour to chip it. I might save 15 min with a 12 or 15 inch but with that little benefit, it's much harder to move it around around the shop, harder to hitch up. Maybe after I start doing this full time some day I'll update.
How is backing up that 6" Vermeer? I'm purchasing one soon.

If u pull it behind a chip truck u can't see it. But there is a place on each side of the chipper u can put on a 3 feet long marker stick that u can see from ur side mirror. Or, u can just unhitch the thing and push it around manually.

Back