If you could only have 2, what would they be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not possible I need at least 3 saws to work efficiently climbing saw (200t) limbing saw (ms440) felling saw (ms660):msp_sleep:

I pretty much just cut firewood and clean up trees and brush. I currently have 3 saws but if I went to two I'd have one in the 40-50cc range and one in the 60+cc range. With a 14-16" bar on the smaller one and an 18" bar on the larger, and an extra bar for it that is 24-32" long. I don't want to fan a ford vs. chevy debate so my first thought if buying new is to go with whatever brand the local dealer sells so you aren't stuck when something breaks in the middle of a busy time.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like two saws so when one breaks you are not stuck there, and also when you get one caught in a tree the saw is not stuck there either.

Last edited:
Very interesting, after all the AutoTune hype, hardly any AT saws in this line up...

I have been running my ported 550 18" and muff mod 026 16" for a couple of days and love them both, I also have a muff mod dual port 038 mag 25" that has a ton of torque and is a pleasure to run, waiting on my 372 that is over at Masterminds, can't wait to run that. So if I can only have two it would have to be two two saw plans one Stihl and one Husky.

If I have to go down to only two, it'll be the MAC 10-10S that was my dad's and the MAC 7-10 Auto that was my wife's grandfather's. Too much sentimental value there. In reality, probably not much the 7-10 cannot do and they are not all that heavy. She'll easily run anything from a 16" to a 24" bar too. That said, I'll need alot of earplugs and visits to the dentist to replace fillings that have vibrated out. :msp_scared:

For modern saws, I'll take a 361 and a 288 please.

These kind of threads are pretty fun. For my "homeowner in the woods" needs, my 2 saw plan is a ported 50cc Redmax G5000, and eventually a 372xp (hopefully ported.) I'm halfway there.

A Jonsered 2260 and 2172....I have one (2172 with a couple of bar options) and almost the other (555 vs. 2260 with 18in Sugihara)

I know about the 60 vs 72 is close....when Jonsered comes out with a red 543xp varient then i may swap the 2260 pipe deam for it.

Seek professional help

Anyone that would come on AS and ask advice on a 2 saw plan is not in touch with reality. Nobody here is capable of limiting themselves to six, and you come along needing suggestions on keeping it to two. You might get help from the sierra club or tree huggers united. Any suggestions received from this sight are guesses at best. I suspect your question is part of a psyche field test, or simply a misguided attempt to find someone on here thats recovered. No such luck. Have a nice day. :laugh:

This was my two saw plan for tonight. The smaller kids were left home in the shop.

But if I had to chose just two Ms660 mag and Ms362.

Back