if you could only have one saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one? Seems cruel.
Despite my collection of vintage saws I'd be hard pressed not to pick the overly complex Stihl MS441, pulls like a freight train and has husqvarna style anti-vibe, sips fuel compared to saws in its cc range and it has a terrible reputation, so anti theft too!

I would have my two jonny 590's. They are old, I should be allowed two. Parts, ya know..

I live in small wood country, so 50cc does most everything, even though I usually run a 60. Shorter work of things, ya know..

It’s tempting to say the 500i, but I’m gonna bet it won’t last many years like the older stuff.
for heating one house in a situation where something wouldn’t be replaceable an 036 pro or 044 saw would be my pick.
from my experience an 036 will cut about 150 cords before needing service an 044 almost 400.

034 super. hands down most powerful saw for its weight, good vibration control, well balanced, very reliable, and decent gas efficiency. with 21 or 24 inch bar - this saw is a beast.

This is bad guys, real bad.
I can't believe you guys are falling for this. I'm sure someones wife hacked this account :badpc:.
Why else would you start a thread asking such things :nofunny:.
I have no answer for the OP:lol:.
I do like a 372 though, and pretty much every other saw mentioned in this thread :).

Why would you choose this? I see one locally for sale it seems to be in good condition. It's stock with a 18 inch bar. how much would a used one be valued at? Would this be a big upgrade from my ms290?
It is a big upgrade to the 290. Me personally I'd want the ms360 or a 361 over an 036, but I have a few 357/359's so I'm fine in that area and I hardly use a 60cc, prefer a 50/70 combo if I had to settle; but one saw, I'm not down with that.

Why would you choose this? I see one locally for sale it seems to be in good condition. It's stock with a 18 inch bar. how much would a used one be valued at? Would this be a big upgrade from my ms290?
I would take the 036 over the 029 any day, no comparison

The 036 is a little bigger in CC. It is a 60cc saw compared to a MS 290 at 56cc. So it is a little more powerful. But the 036 is a pro saw and is made with a mag crank case where cylinder sits on top. The MS 290 is a clamshell design crankcase and is not as good. It is not considered a pro saw. So the 036 pro is considered a better saw because of power and design.

Latest posts

Back