If you had to buy a chainsaw from Amazon...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found a used 346 for $300. Are there any gotcha's I should look out for?

Now you're headed in the right direction.

No "gotcha's'' really on this saw. Just make sure it's in great shape for that money. I can get a new one for $475.

Been some nice 346's in the classifieds here lately and worth a look.

Edit to add; I would not hesitate to get one of nmurph's 346s' here... But I already have two...:cheers:

Last edited:
I have the dolmar ps-510 and its a great saw.I also have a makita dcs 6401 that i got from home depot rental department for 199.00 dollars.its a beast and in great condition.Might wanna try a HD store to see if they have any to :rock:sell.

Might wanna try a HD store to see if they have any to :rock:sell.

That was my plan also. Then I found out that our local HD's don't have rental departments. Strange but true.

I actually bought a used 346XP NE. It just hasn't shipped from the seller yet.

11/28, yeah I'd be getting concerned too. Still, shipping a chainsaw is not as easy as some stuff so don't give up hope. I would contact the seller and let him know you are very concerned and if you don't get a tracking number in the next business day or two you may have to dispute the transaction with eBay and PayPal and cancel the deal (however that might work, I don't know). That would stink so don't jump to that too quickly, see if the guy has anything to say for himself first.

you may have to dispute the transaction with eBay and PayPal and cancel the deal (however that might work, I don't know).

It wasn't eBay, it was an AS sponsor. Because he is an AS sponsor, I am positive that he has to be on the up and up. However, I sent him an email yesterday morning with no reply and a PM this morning with no reply. He is probably off deer hunting or something with limited internet access.

Oh ok, I'm sure if it's an AS sponsor you have nothing to worry about. Wasn't Stumpy was it? His shop just burned down and he lost everything in there pretty much. There is a sticky thread out there about it, people are stepping up with donations, etc to help him out. I know he hopes to be able to replace customer saws in the near future.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/187344-23.htm

Don't forget what time of year it is fedex and ups are working double time trying to keep up so it may take a little longer to get to you

Any reason you would be reluctant to actually say who you bought the saw from? Why the secrecy? People say who they bought their saws from on AS all the time. Good sellers appreciate it. If you're a reputable seller, it actually helps you sell saws.
Someone here may know "him" and be able to ease your concerns.
You already said what you "paid" for the saw, so what is the difference?

I call Missouri.

Any reason you would be reluctant to actually say who you bought the saw from? Why the secrecy? People say who they bought their saws from on AS all the time. Good sellers appreciate it. If you're a reputable seller, it actually helps you sell saws.
Someone here may know "him" and be able to ease your concerns.
You already said what you "paid" for the saw, so what is the difference?

I call Missouri.
You call Missouri ? Why don't you try to read the thread if you need to know so bad I will give you a little help start on post #98

Any reason you would be reluctant to actually say who you bought the saw from?

Because the seller is probably a nice guy and I am not wanting to start slinging mud. I am just concerned about the lack of communication and why it hasn't shipped yet.

The name was mentioned in the thread and I figured someone here might drop him a note.

Back