If You Post Pics of Your Girlfriend then So Will I.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that goes double up through the dragon is a keeper. Nice pics man. 5 year participant of the fun called highway 129

She loved it actually. It's definitely more challenging with a passenger though and throw on another 40lbs of crap she couldnt leave in the cabin and the bike was definitely sluggish.Up til the year we got married, I made an annual trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Deals Gap and Cherehola Skyway. It doesn't matter where you get lost down there the riding is great but the Dragon is special. I've been on the PCH, ridden across country I have yet to find anything that gets the blood pumping quite like the gap. I'm itching to go back as that was the last time I have been there. Rt226A from little switzerland is really good too if you're in that area sometime.

I made it to the dragon for the first time 11 years ago when I was 17. Went on a 1986 VF500F interceptor that I had just put together from a pickup load of boxes and parts. It spun a main bearing is why it was torn down originally. I put a used crank and new bearings in it and headed for TN with less than 50 miles on it. It made it there and halfway back. It spit out a valve tappet in Roanoke, Va on the way back to PA so it rode a trailer the rest of the way home. Drained the oil when I got home and it fell out in the pan. God was being nice to me cause I really didn't want to tear it down just to go fish for a valve tappet.

Here's me and my wife last spring at the beach. Married 25 years last September!
a5d66b1e217b508e493568635c0686ec.jpg

She loved it actually. It's definitely more challenging with a passenger though and throw on another 40lbs of crap she couldnt leave in the cabin and the bike was definitely sluggish.Up til the year we got married, I made an annual trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Deals Gap and Cherehola Skyway. It doesn't matter where you get lost down there the riding is great but the Dragon is special. I've been on the PCH, ridden across country I have yet to find anything that gets the blood pumping quite like the gap. I'm itching to go back as that was the last time I have been there. Rt226A from little switzerland is really good too if you're in that area sometime.

I made it to the dragon for the first time 11 years ago when I was 17. Went on a 1986 VF500F interceptor that I had just put together from a pickup load of boxes and parts. It spun a main bearing is why it was torn down originally. I put a used crank and new bearings in it and headed for TN with less than 50 miles on it. It made it there and halfway back. It spit out a valve tappet in Roanoke, Va on the way back to PA so it rode a trailer the rest of the way home. Drained the oil when I got home and it fell out in the pan. God was being nice to me cause I really didn't want to tear it down just to go fish for a valve tappet.

I always liked the Skyway ride the best. Couldn't count how many times Ive rode the loop. Its been about 9 years since I was up the dragon though. Its practically in my back yard...can be there in 30 minutes on a bike.

Depends what bike your on. My riding buddy is usually on a BMW K1200 so the VFR is pretty strung out keeping up on the Skyway. Its another story in the gap though. Short wheelbase and the V4 make a good twisties bike.

I always liked the Skyway ride the best. Couldn't count how many times Ive rode the loop. Its been about 9 years since I was up the dragon though. Its practically in my back yard...can be there in 30 minutes on a bike.
I'm only 589 short miles from Tellico Plains end of the Skyway. I really liked the Blue Ridge Parkway from Maggie Valley to Asheville.

Back