I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately Im still at work at I wont be able to leave for a couple more hours. I'll pull the muff as soon as I get home and see if it is worth gassing up. It "feels" pretty good, but thats not a reliable indicator. I'll report back ASAP.

Unfortunately Im still at work at I wont be able to leave for a couple more hours. I'll pull the muff as soon as I get home and see if it is worth gassing up. It "feels" pretty good, but thats not a reliable indicator. I'll report back ASAP.

I've got a feeling it's gonna be fine. Be sure you use the decompression valve.......hate to see you hurt yourself.

:cheers:

Her logo says "United State XXXpress Service", I don't thnk that is what USPS stands for! However, She is a fine specimen none the less!

Update!!

Well, it looks like this one has happy ending folks. The piston and cylinder are perfect on this saw and it starts and runs awesome. We will never know what happened to the clutch cover or the previous chapter of this saw's life. I think that sticker on the top cover must be a scratch and sniff cause it smells like bannanas. :msp_confused: The only problem I have will be consistently finding big enough wood to give this bad boy the workout it deserves. I need to get a few extras for it, like a set of dogs, a 32" bar and a new clutch band for the donated clutch cover that was very kindly donated to me by an AS member.

The saw came beautifully packaged. Chainsaw Johnny did everything you could ask of an Ebay seller to do. I gave him perfect Ebay feedback. I have no reason to believe he will not fulfill his end of the agreement with Randy. Im very happy to own the saw and as happy knowing Randy was able to recoup some of his investment on this transaction gone bad, at no fault of his own. I'm sure its only a portion of the losses it took to make up for replacing the saw for the original owner. I admit, there is a small amount of buyers remorse with this, because I only now own it because someone else got screwed. Kinda like buying a saw knowing it was stolen from your neighbors garage. I didn't really think about that part when bidding on the saw. :msp_unsure:

What a thread.

Well, it looks like this one has happy ending folks. The piston and cylinder are perfect on this saw and it starts and runs awesome. We will never know what happened to the clutch cover or the previous chapter of this saw's life. I think that sticker on the top cover must be a scratch and sniff cause it smells like bannanas. :msp_confused: The only problem I have will be consistently finding big enough wood to give this bad boy the workout it deserves. I need to get a few extras for it, like a set of dogs, a 32" bar and a new clutch band for the donated clutch cover that was very kindly donated to me by an AS member.

The saw came beautifully packaged. Chainsaw Johnny did everything you could ask of an Ebay seller to do. I gave him perfect Ebay feedback. I have no reason to believe he will not fulfill his end of the agreement with Randy. Im very happy to own the saw and as happy knowing Randy was able to recoup some of his investment on this transaction gone bad, at no fault of his own. I'm sure its only a portion of the losses it took to make up for replacing the saw for the original owner. I admit, there is a small amount of buyers remorse with this, because I only now own it because someone else got screwed. Kinda like buying a saw knowing it was stolen from your neighbors garage. I didn't really think about that part when bidding on the saw. :msp_unsure:

What a thread.

It's a very happy ending all around then. Preston got a nicer saw.........Tom gets some money back for his generous acts of kindness. You got a great running saw. Johnny made some money........ebay made some money......PayPal made some money......and the USPS can kiss my ass.

:laugh:

I'm just glad a AS member ended up with it....... Some one who can appreciate it and use it like it was meant to be used. Whenever i thought about that saw, what pissed me off more than what the USPS did was the thought of some jack-off who knows nothing about saws running a ported 394 that i built for myself.

Enjoy the saw and run the hell out of it!:msp_thumbup:

I'm just glad a AS member ended up with it....... Some one who can appreciate it and use it like it was meant to be used. Whenever i thought about that saw, what pissed me off more than what the USPS did was the thought of some jack-off who knows nothing about saws running a ported 394 that i built for myself.

Enjoy the saw and run the hell out of it!:msp_thumbup:

I certainly will Preston. I think it was making some of my other saws feel inadequate. Its no joke. All I have is Pine in the yard right now but it was cutting like it was a paper towel tube. If I ever part ways with this saw, I will bring it back to AS and offer it up really reasonably to pay it forward to the AS community. :rock:

Me too. I've mailed over 200 saws via USPS in the last three years and every one has made it. I have had two get delayed. One was shipped to a town in the middle of the California desert. It took a week longer than expected. The buyer said that was not an abnormal occurrence. The other went to Wisconsin and took several days longer than it should. I too would use UPS, but the PO is right down the street. UPS has a distribution center here, but sometimes I am not off work in time to make it before they close and I usually don't know which days I will be working late.
I have used USPS, UPS, and FedEx. The only problem I've had was with FedEx. They dropped a new Jonsered tophandle saw on it's side and busted the main housing. They denied the claim:(

Both FedEx and UPS will pick up packages at your house. You can call them or fill out the forms online.

Later
Dan
USPS picks up for free. I pay FedEx to pick up. I'm not sure about UPS since I could always drop them off on the way past a UPS Store. Their prices have gotten way too high though.

It looks like USPS lost another one for me. I bought this saw, it was supposed to be shipped FedEx, insured. The man shipped it with the USPS and I don't think that he included the insurance. It is less then a 4 hour drive from me to the saws shipping point.
After talking with many USPS employees in the last few days I understand why they are in financial trouble. I had a pet rock years ago that had more common sense.

USPS tracking number 9534610794993218423915

Later
Dan

Last edited:
It looks like USPS lost another one for me. I bought this saw, it was supposed to be shipped FedEx, insured. The man shipped it with the USPS and I don't think that he included the insurance. It is less then a 4 hour drive from me to the saws shipping point.
After talking with many USPS employees in the last few days I understand why they are in financial trouble. I had a pet rock years ago that had more common sense.

Later
Dan

Write it off and walk away my friend. The aggravation those bastards will cause you ain't worth the trouble.

they cant all be bad ,remember when usps picked up my 461 off your porch with a ups label on it and ups still got it here ?

Write it off and walk away my friend. The aggravation those bastards will cause you ain't worth the trouble.

No I want to play some more with them. I really had one man stuttering. I told him that in the last week, I have spent at least 3.5 hours on the phone with USPS. I don't work for nothing and I paid you people for a service that you didn't supply. I know that you wont work for free. I just need an address where to send my bill for 3.5 hours of labor and how do I get my money back for the shipping that you charged me.

Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back