I'm over it, moving forward

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to ask the same thing but I was kinda scared to knowing OD. With the bar ripping along the grain ( not cutting the end grain) you make noddles. I think I forgot what that was called. I think you can only noddle a log that is no bigger than the bar.

Dont be scared of oldirty dano, other than the annoying boston accent, he's a good dude. cant figure that accent though... lol

hahaha. figured that about you. lol. bet you are as cute as your sister too! your not into the emo crowd are you ben? you kidding right, you'd want a tight pant wearing pencil neck hump'n wood for you rather than a dirty nasty o-lineman or the likes?

treespect

treespect

Haha, howd you guess...
No not necessarily. If they cant hang I'll run em into the ground, then kick their as$es!! :clap: Lol..
I cant deal with wusses.. I'll push them around. And then they crumble. I hold their pay overnight so they come back when I need them! :D
No, I cant deal with toothless idiots who cant listen to simple team strategies, discuss tree care or a plan of attack, have a discussion with them, someone who cant come correct and give a compliment, or give respect when respect is due, or have respect for themselves or others, however, of course I dont mind if they're rough around the edges... Most of us are, aren't we ;)

But, I have thought about cultivating some young local, from the right family background, into becoming an apprentice. I think location really does help. Someone right from nearby. Especially because sometimes I just like to do short days. Also, I like to encourage my guys to do other things. They tend to manage time more efficiently.

Anyway, for now I got a really nice older fella. He's actually a little bit soft, but great to hang and talk with. He also genuinely likes being out there, talking about trees, really into nature, and talking with customers.. We get a lot of extra work because of him, so for now I'm sticking with him. He's got a friggin masters degree and he's working with me... don't ask me why! I think hes lonely dude, but thats ok... AGain we talk about some cool things on the job, and sometiems thats important (and also beats the highschool kid) when you're just a two man crew and you're spending all day with someone. They're like your partner..
ANyway, we hire a third laborer when needed. They can be found anytime no problem. We use this Tibetan shirpa nowdays! :D Kid is 20, and runs circles around everyone. About 5'3" hahah serious...

Anyway, in the Bean, as you know, there are plenty of guys to be found always down in Somerville, at the park, or in Allston, at Dunkins.
Otherwise, I have a very specific posting used on craigslist, and its very easy to weed out the duds right away. I have a list of guys. JUST NOT A POTENTIAL GOOD CLIMBER YET! THATS WHAT I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR! AN UP AND COMING STAR CLIMBER I CAN TRAIN!

Good luck guys!

Last edited:
Back