I'm sure y'all don't care but I'm excited!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lly_duramax

lly_duramax

ArboristSite Operative

Here'e mine after I got it back from Mastermind. This was with an 8 pin and I'm pushing the hell out of it. It's actually a little faster with a 7 pin on it. It'll be worth the wait!

lly_duramax

lly_duramax

ArboristSite Operative
Has anyone put a tach on a ported 461. I wonder what rpm they are spinning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have a limited coil but I can't recall what it's limited to. It's been a while since I had a tach on mine. I broke my leg back in September and I haven't ran it since early this summer.

luckydad

luckydad

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Here's mine.
c3f1ed0c6ef6feb7de9056cee36daf5b.jpg

User Name Here

User Name Here

Lowly Firewood Cutter
I swapped my limited coil for an unlimited one already. That's only because I think it'll be easier for me to keep it tuned right. It's harder to tune one with a limited coil I think. I'm sure it won't hold over 13,500 in the cut which is about where the stock coil is limited

lly_duramax

lly_duramax

ArboristSite Operative
I swapped my limited coil for an unlimited one already. That's only because I think it'll be easier for me to keep it tuned right. It's harder to tune one with a limited coil I think. I'm sure it won't hold over 13,500 in the cut which is about where the stock coil is limited
I bought an unlimited coil for mine but I haven't put it on. I don't have too much trouble tuning it with my tach though.

singletrack100

singletrack100

ArboristSite Operative
I hear you on your excitement. I sent my older 066M to Chad in Pennsylvania a couple months back and should get it soon. He's built a dyno to do runs. Spoke with him today (through text) and he says it should be 200-225psi compression when done, and right about 8hp!. .. It was just under 6hp when he got it. He's also done a great job so far with extra's such as finding play in the crank bearings and an oiler leak, so the bottom end is rebuilt as well. It will be a "new" saw when I get it back and I'm excited, so I can relate to you!

Can't wait to pull the cord, as I'm sure you can't either! Let's look forward to it!

Duane

Knobby57

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
I just dug out my tach from the bottom of my tool box . 14,900 rpm holy crap !!! I got my mastermind 461 used last month . I'm guessing it has a unlimited coil