I'm sure y'all don't care but I'm excited!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User Name Here

Lowly Firewood Cutter
Reaction score
My MS461 is en route to Tennessee to Mastermind's! I've been waiting for about a year to be able to do this. I'm super excited to get it back because this will be my first ported saw. Not to mention after seeing build threads and dyno results I can't wait to throw chips. Please pardon my excitement!

Everyone says the ported 461 is a hoss. I can't wait to see for myself. It runs decent as is I think. The bad thing about this is I know I'll be wanting to make a hybrid with my 440. I want one bad already, you know for limbing and stuff.

Guys run my DozerDan 372 and they can't stop smiling... Ported saws are simply a good time:). I'm happy for you too!

Here'e mine after I got it back from Mastermind. This was with an 8 pin and I'm pushing the hell out of it. It's actually a little faster with a 7 pin on it. It'll be worth the wait!

Has anyone put a tach on a ported 461. I wonder what rpm they are spinning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone put a tach on a ported 461. I wonder what rpm they are spinning

They have a limited coil but I can't recall what it's limited to. It's been a while since I had a tach on mine. I broke my leg back in September and I haven't ran it since early this summer.

Here's mine.
c3f1ed0c6ef6feb7de9056cee36daf5b.jpg

I swapped my limited coil for an unlimited one already. That's only because I think it'll be easier for me to keep it tuned right. It's harder to tune one with a limited coil I think. I'm sure it won't hold over 13,500 in the cut which is about where the stock coil is limited

I swapped my limited coil for an unlimited one already. That's only because I think it'll be easier for me to keep it tuned right. It's harder to tune one with a limited coil I think. I'm sure it won't hold over 13,500 in the cut which is about where the stock coil is limited
I bought an unlimited coil for mine but I haven't put it on. I don't have too much trouble tuning it with my tach though.

I hear you on your excitement. I sent my older 066M to Chad in Pennsylvania a couple months back and should get it soon. He's built a dyno to do runs. Spoke with him today (through text) and he says it should be 200-225psi compression when done, and right about 8hp!. .. It was just under 6hp when he got it. He's also done a great job so far with extra's such as finding play in the crank bearings and an oiler leak, so the bottom end is rebuilt as well. It will be a "new" saw when I get it back and I'm excited, so I can relate to you!

Can't wait to pull the cord, as I'm sure you can't either! Let's look forward to it!

Duane

I just dug out my tach from the bottom of my tool box . 14,900 rpm holy crap !!! I got my mastermind 461 used last month . I'm guessing it has a unlimited coil

Back