Impressed - Stihl 041 FarmBoss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 788 is like Roy Orbison, them that know what really is what,. Love them.

Shoot spitzer bullets in a lever, one in the barrel, one in the tube, works fine.
Rob
Forgot what thread this is !!!!!!!!!!!
041,041S,788 and Roy Orbison,,,,,,,,and Stevie Ray Vaughn!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The 788 is like Roy Orbison, them that know what really is what,. Love them.

Shoot spitzer bullets in a lever, one in the barrel, one in the tube, works fine.
Rob
True you only need one shot! But them 788s can put one after the other in the same hole.
:hmm3grin2orange:

Hi,

Looking for some chainsaw info, can't seem to find any around here?:)
You mean this is a chainsaw forum? I feel sorry for you Britt's,we Canadians are almost in the same boat not being able to wear your favorite six gun wile walking in Grizzly country.
Yet I rather have a 12ga loaded with slugs, that's what I bring along and it is perfectly legal. But I have the feeling it would be used on a two legged varmint long before I would ever need it against a bear!

I inherited a Stihl 041 FarmBoss- 20"bar from my father-in-law. I cranked it up and cut into a large sycamore log. Geez, that old saw went through it like a hot butter knife. Sweet running saw. Does anyone know how many cc's this saw is? Was this a popular saw back in its day? Do they make a comparable saw today like this one? Are parts tough to come by for these old saws? Got a good one you want rid of?

Lots of questions....need some answers! TKS
61 cc. Lots of torque but not a high revver. Heavy compared to the Husqvarnas and Partners at the time.

You mean this is a chainsaw forum? I feel sorry for you Britt's,we Canadians are almost in the same boat not being able to wear your favorite six gun wile walking in Grizzly country.
Yet I rather have a 12ga loaded with slugs, that's what I bring along and it is perfectly legal. But I have the feeling it would be used on a two legged varmint long before I would ever need it against a bear!

I live in BC. Was a Forestry technician. Spent most of my time alone in the bush. I never had to use it but a sawed off double barrel with birdshot is what some of us used. At close range it will blind a bear and mess up it's sense of smell. I also carried and airhorn which I'd resort to first so never had to shoot one.

Well said! Anyone that thinks a 30-30 is ineffective doesn't know how to hunt.:cheers:
Yup, still have my Dad’s Model 94 Winchester lever action he bought in the Navy. Has had 3-rounds through it and still have the spent cartridges and original Box with ammo. Nice rifle~

Latest posts

Back