Impulse bought a Shindaiwa T25. Fixed! Now running!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling his Shindaiwa t25 for 75$. Seems to be fine but needs a carb rebuild. I probably overpaid but at least this is an improvement over the Homelite trimmer I am using. It has a loop handle and is a soild drive shaft. I may convert it to bike handles. It will not replace a more powerful dedicated brush cutter but I think it will do great for light grass duty.

I don't think you got burnt.thats some old school shindaiwa.i have better luck out of the japanese trimmers.

Hmmm, that is better than I thought. I have blackberries. I might even be able to get away with a 10" Airecut brush blade, since they are easy to turn. Pity that Airectut doesn't make a smaller size.

Your welcome and print away my friend.:laugh: I believe you are correct.thats very reasonable for that kit.and I havent noticed until know but the parts availability for shindaiwa is awesome on older models thru echo Compared to tanaka.just hope they hold out

If that isn't the adaptor, I don't know what else to look for. I was afraid to buy it for fear of not being able to get parts for the TK carb but I think I can round everything up from three or four parts sites.

Truth be told, I don't actually have the T25 yet. I looked at it Wednesday and gave my word to buy it. But didn't take it then because I was working and couldn't store it the rest of the day. But I am off tomorrow...

Yeah that carb could be a slight problem

Why would it be a problem? Are they know to be persnickety?

I just got home from getting the weedeater. It says S-25 on the serial plate but it looks like the T-25. I think this had bike handle bars but was converted to a loop handle because it still has the bike handle bar throttle lever on the loop handle.

The trimmer popped on the first pull but I couldn't get it to start. That is why it needs a carb kit, lol.

Just from lookin at the ipl it looks like parts may be a little hard to get.but fuji robin, maruyama etc used the same kind of carb.
One thing you can do is let some gas set in the carb for a few days and try it again.Worked a few times for me in old Mccullochs.

I've got three of the 25's. I actually had somebody give me one that just needed fuel lines. I've never tried a blade on them. Two have the throttle on the shaft and one is like you describe with the throttle on the loop. I have no clue why.

A piece on the shaft that also has a ring for the strap.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342049.494957.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342141.011808.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342155.635149.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342067.518437.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342067.518437.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342088.061335.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423342088.061335.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
Exactly the same as mine. You also have the soft piece over the drive shaft too. Hmm...

Well, I think having the throttle on the loop will make the conversion to handle bars easier.

Latest posts

Back