Impulse bought a Shindaiwa T25. Fixed! Now running!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeap i have been eyeballin one of those for several years.guess i'll never get to own one.:( i bet one of those would take a fs250's lunch money.:laugh:

Yeah i know what you mean.i have 2 20x25 shops to work in.one at home that mom and dad has piled full of junk.the other is a great body shop that i was tricking out but the neighbor is off in the head and comes out and won't shut up.i try to ignore him but he won't let me.i usually leave p!ssed.i know he's mentally disturbed but if i go there im going to wind up in jail for beating on a mentally challenged individual.:rolleyes: i've actually set and shouted at him for 2 hours and he won't shut up so i can work.anyway he contributes to my lazyness of rebuilding saws on my tailgate in cold weather.:laugh: i gave up and sold my wood stove.:rare2:

Gaskets are here! And I bought the dip above. I have pulled the carb and I am reading through the service manual before I work on it. The OUTSIDE needs cleaned before I open it up. Service manuals says to clean the carb with an other solvent after using a carb cleaner solution. Weird, I guess I could rinse it in fuel mix.

I can see some definite downsides to the slide carb. It has more spots for airleaks to happen and a good chance to ingest part of the choke if the nut isn't properly tightened and staked. But the whole thing is ingeniously designed. A testament to engineers everywhere.

There are three rubber bits that came with the gaskets and I have NO IDEA where they go. Guess I will find out when I open up the carb. And it rattles. I wasn't expecting that. My face must have had a priceless expression on it when I realized that the carb was rattling. I am hoping that it is supposed to rattle.

Nrrr......... Shoot!!!! One of the gaskets it wrong. It is the metering diaphram gasket. I was GOING to take a pic but my camera is dead. Suffice to say, there isn't gasket on the new kit where there is gasket on the old gasket. I will post a pic when my camera is charged. The kit I found and ordered is for a TK-2. On the IPL my carb is labeled TK-DP10W. But they look almost exactly like each other. I don't know what model it is unless it is a TK-10. I haven't seen a gasket that looks like the old one. Don't know what to say.

Every other gasket and bit is right so far as I can tell. Except the metering gasket. I think fuel would leak if I used the new gasket.

&^%!@#$(*$%&)@)#(*$_*I(!

Edit: Ok, you know the red (purge?) lever on the bottom of the carb? There is a needle attached to the other end. The gasket should go around the rubber piece that is on top of the needle.

I got some gray Fel-Pro rubber-fiber gasket. It says for gas sealing. I think this will work.

The roll material is thicker than replacement gasket but the old gasket is almost exactly the same thickness as the roll material. I don't forsee a problem with the roll material.

I finished the gasket and got the carb totally disassembled. It has been in the soak about 10 minutes. Will it hurt the carb if I leave it in too long? There shouldn't be any plastic parts left on it. I was really thorough during disassembly.

This wonderful weather has kept me from having time to get the carb out of the soak. It will be REALLY clean! Should I rinse the carb off with something after the bath? Maybe some fresh fuel mix?

Back