Impulse bought a Shindaiwa T25. Fixed! Now running!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I spent an exciting evening putting the carb back together. Had to re trim the metering gasket and put a notch in the side of the meter diaphram for that... dohicky, thingymabob lever. But I hope to finish assembly before to long. Winter has other ideas, though!

I am going to have to order some spare parts though. Mainly the air filter elements. Maybe a new metering lever because there is wear on mine from the metering diaphram. I will probably order a new fuel filter too. That never hurts.

Carb is back together and ready for mounting. I need a depth tool for the metering lever in the carb but I got it close. Going to take down as much as I can for cleaning before I go ahead.

I pulled the spark plug. The bore is shiny but the top of the piston is coated in this black stuff. I don't think that is good.

Thats just carbon.you can tear down and clean up if you want along with the exhaust port.you may be able to switch to a synthetic oil and a cleaner like sea foam to help clean it up.but if you tear it down check to see if our rings are free or see if it needs reringed.

I thought as much. Never torn an engine down before. It will be a learning experience.

Having trouble with the muffler right now. I can't figure out how to get this one screw loose.
The screws holding the muffler cover on are rusted really bad. Will spray some PB blaster on them and let them sit over night.

Any of the older Shindaiwa trimmers are great runners, few things to look at before buying, but overall bullet-proof trimmers.

I have owned 14 plus over close to 20 years and still go to Shindaiwa over any other brand.

Everything is back together. I need to tighten the spark plug and a couple other things. When the weather breaks and it warms, I will try to crank the s25. Waiting....

Like the title says she will start but then die pretty quickly. Almost sounds like she is running out of gas. Cranks runs for a sec or two then winds down. Going to try turning the high speed screw out a little. If that doesn't work, I will open the carb and make sure that the pump diaphram isn't installed backwards. :omg:

She is running! Strong too. It wasn't the pump diaphragm installed backwards it was the carb to crankcase gasket. The gasket was upside down and backwards. :omg::omg::omg: No wonder the impulse hole was blocked!

I am going through ordering parts and I think the blade holders are already on my machine. :surprised3: I may just need the bolt and the bolt protector. Now if only the owner's manual was clearer on how to install the blade!

ARGH! I had found a cheap ($70 shipped) set of OEM bike handle bars Evilbay that would have my fit my T-25. BUT I was waiting till I got the machine running and had made sure the T 25 would drive a blade before I purchased the handle bar. I went back to check on the Evilbay listing tonight since I got the machine running and the handle bar has sold! Dang, they have been up there for several weeks. The same handle bar new is well over $200 + shipping. I KNEW I should have picked the evilbay set up earlier. This is what I get for not listening to my own advice and being lazy/procrastinating. Nrrr....

Back