Indestructable Fiskars Axes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Super Slpitter, but it is more than 4 pounds. It is 2300 grams which is 5 pounds. This thing splits better than any maul I have ever used and doubles as an axe in the woods. I cut all of my wood in the mountains and haul it down so space is an issue and this is perfect, even on large woods like 30" plus rounds. ....

That is the one they call 2400 here, and 6 lbs, at least some places in the US - I agree it is very efficient! :biggrinbounce2: :cheers:

Mine have lasted close to 10 years, and is as good as new, except that it lacks the orange paint on the handle (never was there, when I got mine).

A "maul" is totally useless for splitting the tight-grown and often twisted and knotted birch that we have here - it just bounces off.

Last edited:
The one in the pic is the one called 2400 here - the head weights 2.4 kg, and the rest of the 6 lbs is probably the handle (it is light).....:greenchainsaw:

That is probably what makes them so nimble and efficient - heavy, well designed head, and very light handle - total weight is pretty low, compared with the "punch" they pack.

Back